View Single Post
Captain
# 2107
05-02-2013, 06:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyan01 View Post
Hive Onslaught (Elite) - and another reminder of why I seldom bother with it.

The team consisted of:

Me, Sci using Vesta class
A tac using an Aventine
Another tac in a Defiant
A Eng in a Fleet Sovereign
Another sci using a Prometheus

Didn't get off to a good start - the Defiant was a facepalm-worthy Rainbowbeam failboat, and he proceeded to fly off ahead of everyone else, spew Fire at Will & torpedo spread all over the place before the Borg treated it with their usual disdain and it exploded.

The Fleet Sovereign, sadly, seemed to think that the Defiant had the right idea and torp-spread everything too. Received a pounding, but somehow didn't explode and instead limped away with pathetic hull and shield strength remaining. Treated the idiot to my Vesta's Fermion field and continued with my task of assisting the very competent Aventine in trying to manage the cubes.

The Prometheus player was next to useless - flew in, fired his beams at the nearest cube, fired quantum torpeodes and cleared off out of range, returning at random intervals to do the same again. Judging by the fact that he 'wrong chatted' in teamchat twice, seemed like this idiot was too busy having a conversation to participate in the STF.

Probably one of the most iritating HOSE instances ever - the tac cubes wound up sitting on top the the spawn point, and on one of the occasions that I was killed I respawned to find myself literally directly above a tac cube.

Anyway, we somehow managed to despatch the tac cubes, and the two B'ger ships flew in and promptly caused the Defiant to explode again - by this time the player with the Defiant was on at least 70 second respawn, the player in the Fleet Sovereign, whilst at least having a single weapon type (Polaron) was doing worthless damage, though did seem to manage to stay in one piece most of the time, and the Prometheus was still being useless, so myself and the player in the Aventine agreed that there wasn't much point in trying to carry this particular fail-team and bailing would be preferable.

It's a shame that so many instances of HOSE end like this - it seems to take forever for a queue to form a team and even when you do manage to get into a mission, it ends in failure all too often.
Yeah that sounds pretty bad. Although perhaps raising the reward loot might solve the problem of low enrollment numbers, the increasing number of noob players with that incentive of getting higher rewards could be equally frustrating. There is the dilemma.

Quote:
I actually had people this one time do just that in a pug CGE team, except one was a sci and the other a bad eng with assault minigun. But they didn't sabotage anything, they were just total newbies, the sci one didn't even speak english; something we found out much later on. The eng quit, but at least he was listening to instructions. The other sci stuck with us, we had to use translate.google.com to communicate. It was an interesting mission to be honest, because we taught him how to heal effectively with the medic kit, gave him a bat'leth and taught him melee combos all that with the help of google translate. Why we went through all that trouble? Because he was the only sci and none of us could tank Armek (I know I know, very bad). At the end of the day, it was actually pretty awesome because we finished with flying colors with the newbie tanking/meleeing Armek like a boss, also being the only one who stayed alive while we were vaporized by orbital green fires of death. Newbie saved the day, we patted each other on the back picking up some much deserved loot. We're still friends to this day .
I love it when that happens - the rare moment when noobs actually listen and are useful contributors to a mission.

stardestroyer001, VA Explorers Fury | Email me for a Pro-Galaxy sig!
My Useful List of STO Forum Threads, Ship Builds & More! | My Forum Gripes
Foundry: A new series coming soon! | PvP: PvP Boot Camp, Notebook Project Almost Done!