View Single Post
Empire Veteran
# 112
05-03-2013, 11:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stirling191 View Post
Then don't play a Romulan. If a single BOFF is causing you this much pissyness, there's really nothing more to say on the subject.

Incorrect. Running with a healer companion didn't make you better off, it just shifted time away from downtime into fighting. You don't need to heal as much, but you take longer to kill.

The only time a healer is a bonus is if you're running as a tank, and then solely because you don't have to cheese your way through Heroic 2+ and 4 missions to get them done solo. TOR's open world difficulty is not very high.
So you're saying I should stop spending money on STO? Come one let's be reasonable here. I've show no problem with having a BO that is required for story purposes. What I've suggested is it can be done without making that BO feel like a forced part of my crew.

As for your comments about SWTOR, I don't really care any more I stopped playing the game once I ran through all of the stories and haven't been back since, but I'm glad avoided the point. Mechanics made some companions better for gameplay purposes than others, and because the companions mechanics were pre-decided and forced on me I was left with playing with the characters I liked or playing with characters that were more synergistic to my build. STO has never been this way, STO has mostly been a cake and eat it too kind of game and it should continue that way.

I keep coming back to STO because I'm invested in my entire crews not just my single characters. I keep making new characters (and buying new slots) not because we have new careers or skills (which we really haven't for a long time), but because I can do new things with an entire ship full of characters I create and customize.
- Formerly Varrangian