View Single Post
Commander
# 10
05-03-2013, 09:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aarons9 View Post
right like an afk timer that auto boots someone that doesnt help your team can be exploited

i under stand that sometimes you have an emergency and you gotta go do something..
even then its not the end of the world if you get auto booted and have to wait 1 hr before you can join another team..

i dont see this as causing any problems and it will fix the afkers.

the thing about afkers is there is no penalty.. you join, you go watch tv or whatever.. when the mission is over you just click another one. even if you dont finish their mission, they just join another one..

you always cant make teams, mostly because of CDs.. i announce in fleet chat if anyone wants to do a mission.. most of the time.. 3 are in one.. 5 completed it 10 minutes ago and have to wait 25-45 more minutes do it again.. and 3 want to do one you just completed..

its a real mess.
As far as exploits go, auto timer couldn't hurt. Adding it to the game is a waste of time for the reasons I have already stated. You have the power right now to never see a AFKer or leecher again. Nothing from the developer required.

Of course you can't always make teams. (I knew that pushback was coming that is why I was sure to put the bit about off-hours in there) But MOST of the time you can. Fleets are just one of three avenues I mentioned in my previous post. When you PUG, you know you are taking a chance.

Cryptic doesn't need to do anything about this and it would be wasteful if they did. We the players can take care of it ourselves with minimum effort. Developer time and resources need to be devoted to bug fixes, new content and a hundred other things I can think of. Not this.