View Single Post
Career Officer
# 15
05-05-2013, 01:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mavhax View Post
I can't believe there are peeps that still take this game seriously enough to premade.
Especially when /facerollin around the ques.
I think people still queu up with premades simply because of the free Dil. If there's too few premades to fight each other may as well kill time getting free DIl. Besides, if they queued up alone they might run into another premade and find themselves saddled with some baddie pugs instead of their full team.

Beyond that there's a possibility that the relatively highly specialized PvP team builds may not do so well queueing up solo in random pugs. This is just speculation, but the current cookie cutter setup (and by that I mean the setup so many premades seem to use of 2 or 3 scis in high end sci ships/carriers and 2 jemmy bugs/BoPs) seems to depend on very specialized builds and cross support and may not be suitable for pugland play where you can't depend on a team mate throwing sci teams or tac teams on you, much less healing you or buffing you. And who wants to spend cash on a respec token? Cash that won't go back to PvP development at all?

My own take on it is that when I pug I'm already mentally prepared to simply shrug it off if a premade (or a premade trying really hard to not look like a premade) shows up to stomp the assorted group of yahoos that make up most of the pugs. Of course, the fact that a lot of puggers are just grinding for Dil makes it hard to get a good match even if the system manages to deliver a mostly even setup.

Sometimes you see an ally's shields go down so fast you wonder if they simply divert all power to aux and let the other team rack up kills asap so they can get their DIl grinding done faster.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sorceror01 View Post
....you are a bad starship captain and you should feel bad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tachyonharmonic View Post
However, I think with regard to the Romulan Republic player characters/npcs, it all comes down to a finite point:

These are not the Romulans from the shows.

Last edited by skyranger1414; 05-05-2013 at 01:07 AM.