View Single Post
Captain
# 10
05-06-2013, 05:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gulberat View Post
Yikes...looks like the Empress' daughter was raised to hate Siri, after seeing exactly what Siri's designs on Marcus were.
I wouldn't say 'raised to hate', (as the empress eventually forgave Siri, making her the ambassador to the Fedration) but she certainly came to hate her. I suspect V'sh'K'rr is a traditionalist and dislikes the influence of the Federation on what will be her subjects, hence her aims to 'accelerate her inheritance' of the throne.

Something worth mentioning on that regard, which arose from our conversation, is I felt there needed to be a difference in cognitive developmental rate between Humans and Pentaxians. With a five year comparative variance, at twelve years old, she would have had the intellectual and emotional responses of a Human girl of seventeen, so known exactly what she felt, and what she was doing.

Quote:
It could've been even worse, given the borderline sadistic little girl we see she was, in that flashback (enjoying the screams of those being tortured...).

I would definitely be afraid of her daughter's administration...
Oh she was definitely a very nasty piece of work as a child, she just grew up to have a better set of morals. Still mercurial and potentially dangerous, but certainly no longer sadistically malicious.

Quote:
It's also interesting to see the effects you mentioned, of Devidian incursions on Pentaxian history. Especially that they claimed the life of the Empress' mother.
I wanted to reinforce that they could literally strike anywhere at any time, and that nowhere on the planet was truly 'safe', some places were simply more prone to incursion than others...

Quote:
I imagine, too, that if Alyosha knew the name the Pentaxians had given to his species, he would find himself wondering how humanity and the Pentaxians managed to give such similar names to Devidia, given that the Devidian language likely bears no resemblance to humanoid languages. (Though I can see by context that the "sh't'ya" part of the Pentaxian name means "ghost.")
Just one of those coincidences... I wanted to try and include some part of their given name just to reinforce what was being identified, but absolutely, sh't'ya is indeed the Pentaxian word meaning ghost/spirit (shining presence, to be truly literal...)

Quote:
Interesting possible motive for Drake to have sent Alyosha to deal with the incursions on Drozana, suspecting the Devidians would seek to kill one of their species found to have been "raised by wolves."
I rather wondered if he might have been seeking to capture some for study, and had hoped that Alyosha would have able to do so 'accidentally'...

Quote:
And let's just say Alyosha thinks there's a spot in Hell with Drake's name already on it. He would've paid real money for that recording of Drake looking like he was going to "douse his drawers," as you put it, at that fake Devidian scream. ;-) Not sure he would've enjoyed watching a feeding frenzy, but he would certainly not mourn Drake's death. And would regret that he couldn't have taken Drake down the "old fashioned" way (fists, feet, telekinesis, and claws, in his case ;-) ).
I'm sure Alyosha would have loved to have seen the panic on Drake's face V'sh'K'rr was if not trying to summon them on command, certainly trying to provoke a reaction from them (she's not exactly 'firing on all thrusters' )

Last edited by marcusdkane; 05-06-2013 at 05:55 PM.