View Single Post
Empire Veteran
# 3
05-06-2013, 11:38 PM
I also pine for the 'Super Disruptors' as well.

I had an interesting thought the other day as well, to give the KDF side a unique torpedo:

A double-photon torpedo launcher. It'd be simple, a photon torpedo launcher, but it fires two torps every time it fires. If you fire it with a HY, it'd be double the HY torpedoes. To balance it, it'd be a bit weaker torpedoes.

OR

A heavy-photon torpedo launcher. Basically the opposite. Fires much more hard hitting photon torps, possibly with a negative arc modifier, putting it down to 45 degrees from the normal 90. You could say that it's like a double warhead or some other technobabble that makes it do more 'boom boom'.

OR

A disrupted-photon torpedo. A normal, or almost normal damage torp which in turn has a damage resistance debuff when it hits the target. It'd look like the greenish torps you sometimes see in the shows fired from Klingon ships.

For the 'Super Disruptors', I see those more as a weapon than a console (though I don't blame em if they made it a console). Difficult to figure out what they'd do though, or how they'd work.