View Single Post
Captain
# 27
05-07-2013, 04:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by harryhausen View Post
Amazing how many alleged Star Trek fans go out of their way to hate on anything even remotely connected to Rick Berman. When asked why, they never seem to have an intelligent or coherent reason for doing so. And then, the haters strive mightily to see which one can out hate the others. I'm not certain but it sometimes feels like they're getting paid to hate the Bermanverse.

Or...on the other hand...is it just possible that some peoples' tastes are different than yours, and that their opinions are just as valid as yours? Maybe, just maybe, the Trek world is a big enough tent to hold all of us with our various favorite and least favorite series' movies, etc.?

Nah, better to label everyone who disagrees with you with a broad brush and dismiss them, right?
Just following your lead here, Ace. If you don't like being hoisted on your own Picard, then it is your problem, not mine. Just sayin'.

You are correct though in one point, though. Star Trek should be a big enough tent to let everyone come under. I just get really really tired of the knee jerk reaction to anything connected to JJverse.
On a mission to put the "Casual" back into "Casual Player"

The only gear any ship or Away Team really needs is a competent Captain.