View Single Post
Captain
# 117
05-07-2013, 02:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by croesusx View Post
I've said for years that I'd happily make a new Sovereign/Galaxy & Intrepid for Cryptic but I've never been given the opportunity. I don't even want money or credit for doing it, just let me look at something pretty while I'm flying around the quadrant.

I've worked for years in the video game industry and now I've moved to working on motion pictures as a cg artist. I could do this with my eyes closed.
Agreed - the problem is that we are never given the opportunity, despite the lack of time pressure and great resources us players have , compared to the Devs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by burstorion View Post
I'm not -exactly bothered by small visual inconsistancies, but the larger ones...

Take the fleet dssv for instance - when kitbashing them, you'd expect the main textures, ect to line up, the decal patterns to look right and so on - pretty standard stuff considering you are paying 2000z (or ec equivalent) for a set of ship modules to use it

Unfortunately, no matter the configuration, the material shade on the fleet ship costume is slightly darker than the material used on the standard ship parts - even though they are using the same material! That along with the alignment issues means the only parts you can really change without the ship looking like Frankeinsteins tragedy are the pylons and nacelles as every decal and the ship material itself on the saucer and hull do not match up

A similar issue, but only decal-wise applies to the fleet norgh/ning'tao (off topic..but why is it named a ning'tao but only has the norgh costume as standard unless you buy the ning'tao?)

Granted, its only aesthetic and once I'm blasting away (or dropping grav wells) its barely registers, but parked outside esd while you are opening doff boxes for the daily starbase feed...
Exactly. Some of the parts just don't match up, and create these really out-of-place designs - probably due to a rush job and lack of planning.

stardestroyer001, VA Explorers Fury | Email me for a Pro-Galaxy sig!
My Useful List of STO Forum Threads, Ship Builds & More! | My Forum Gripes
Foundry: A new series coming soon! | PvP: PvP Boot Camp, Notebook Project Almost Done!