# 12
05-07-2013, 04:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gulberat View Post
I hope she will not succeed in those aims... :-(
I don't think she will be

Quote:
Speaking of bad encounters Alyosha could have...I would hate to see him and Ch'K'rr come together in knowledge of what he is. Alyosha would feel terrible and guilty to know what had happened to her mother and the grief she went through--but I can only imagine how furious Ch'K'rr would be, encountering a d'v'ash't'ya living in humanoid society as a "normal" person (as much as he can).
Actually, an idea I had, was if Ch'K'rr was to invite Alyosha to the planet knowing precisely what he was, so he could serve as, not a representative of the d'v'ash't'ya, but an example of Federation tolerance, and why it is in the Dynasty's interests to embrace closer relations to the Federation... That's why I wondered how well he would cope with the brightness of the suns light Being more tolerant in her attitudes than say I'sH'd (who would still be able to accept Alyosha as safe) I don't think she actually would harbor any ill will towards Alyosha for the death of her mother, nor hold him responsible for the acts of beings who simply share his biology. Afterall, it would not be the same as Kirk holding a grudge against all Klingons for the death of his son, as the incursions had already been occurring for millenia, with the d'v'ash't'ya having a well-established cultural presence in the collective Pentaxian psyche...

Quote:
That would be a terrible way to have to live.
Indeed. That's why I'sHd's, or most any other Pentaxians instinctive reaction to seeing a d'v'ash't'ya would be to attack...

Quote:
It would've been a heck of a guess, since so little was known about Devidian culture, and he couldn't be sure they'd react with such anger to seeing one of their species living as he does.
That's what makes me wonder if Drake was simply using Alyosha as the bait for the trap, not anticipating such a violent reaction, and genuinely thought that some kind of containment would have been possible, to get him something he could study to weaponize.

Quote:
Yeah, I'd call that insane, all right. ;-)
Pentaxian geneticists may have perfected the techniques for accelerated critical neural pathway formation therapy, but that's not to say that there aren't still behavioral side effects