View Single Post
Captain
# 16
05-09-2013, 03:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gulberat View Post
I suppose that depends on whether the penalty for her treason allows her to live...
The penalty for treason is death. However, that would depend upon if she is discovered as the agent provocateur, or if she is able to act through middlemen like Drake, thus shifting all awareness to them

Quote:
The question would be, would Ch'K'rr have been sworn to silence as to Alyosha's nature? And would I'sH'd have been the one guarding her during that visit? I would expect that a guard would be present at all times--and all the more so when a d'v'ash't'ya visits...even a nice d'v'ash't'ya. If it were someone other than I'sH'd, then perhaps that would explain him and Siri not knowing.
He would have been five at the time of the Endeavour's visit, so not really fit for guard duty Indeed, a monarch certainly could be entrusted to retain secrecy on something, but my impression of the event was that it would have been a public revelation (as far as the Pentaxian media is concerned) as a way of showing the need to move beyond old fears and prejudices, and to embrace a philosophy more in line with the Federations. Sure, Pentaxians have a totally legitimate reason to fear the d'v'ash't'ya, but I think Ch'K'rr would have been trying to use the most hard-hitting example as a lesson in thinking outside the box to encourage her subjects to think differently

Quote:
Funny...even Alyosha wondered on his mission to Gameptis--that if Devidians had starships, could they have phasing cloaks?

And let's hope those hassles get the best of Drake. ;-)
Personally speaking, I don't think the Devidians use starships in the same way that most species do. It would appear that they travel directly by portals, more like Iconians used to. That said, they might have 'nursery ships' which transport creches (assuming that the size of the portals is limited to person-sized) but I think they might be more like the Guild transports in Dune, which 'travel without moving'...

A device I am tempted to use in a story, but don't want to slide into non-canon fanfic, is that 'Drake' is Section 31's equivalent of a Vorta... He certainly seems to be in multiple places at once (could be explained by a personal holo screen) but it does make me wonder... If he was to be killed, if a 'new Drake' would simply take his place, like the Weyoun

Last edited by marcusdkane; 05-09-2013 at 03:59 AM.