View Single Post
Captain
# 29
05-09-2013, 09:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by earlofthar View Post
Incorrect. I have played this game for years. They nerf EC grinds and High valued items as much or if not more then Dil grinds.

Keeping a stable market is where some items become ultra rare, hard to obtain with out massive amounts of EC is good for them. Why because they can release that same item or like (doff) in lock box drops so people will spend real $$$ to pop the boxes.

you are right that everything leads back to the zen, but don't think they don't understand the player markets and economy of the gave.

All resources they are driving to make hard to make.
Incorrect. I have played this game for years too, and Cryptic doesn't care if you have 1 million EC or 1 billion. I currently have well over 1 billion divided between my alts right now.

If Cryptic cared about EC values they wouldn't make it possible to sell ships for 500 million EC - or even allow you to buy 4 Keys with your Stipend and sell them for 5 million EC on the Exchange. Nor would they let you run a Tour the Galaxy and make a million or more from 1 event.

ECs are there to distract you from the true economy: Zen to Keys/Lobi.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.

Last edited by thecosmic1; 05-09-2013 at 09:48 AM.