View Single Post
Empire Veteran
# 11
05-09-2013, 11:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drkfrontiers View Post
By and large cruisers are currently in dire need of something significant.
indeed. i think the best way to help them is to expand thier stats beyond what smaller ships can have, due to their size. ever since yoda said size maters not 33 years ago, people have lost their damn minds. size maters most, is whats actually correct regarding a starship in a scifi setting, not a sci fantasy setting.

its absurd that a defiant or bug ship can have as much extra power, stations, consoles, and hitpoints as ships 100 times their size, wile at the same time having the advantages of best turn rate and access to the only weapons that deal damage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc8219 View Post
I like some of the idea but would be worried about taking a defense penalty. You also give up having a 5th boff trait if this were to happen, so that's another big hit to crit chance or def bonus. Having 2 Lt Cmdr stations like a carrier or Fleet Norgh or soon to be D'Deridex retrofit is pretty powerful though.

Also that bortasqu layout would mess up a lot of my builds if that were to happen. I use it on a tac and eng captains and usually use a lt Cmdr uni as tac on my tac captain, but on my eng captain it sometimes is used as sci or eng. The ensign uni gets moved around to all 3 positions also. If the Lt Cmdr tac were to be universal and the Lt Cmdr Uni be made to sci I could probably transfer all my builds to that layout though, if not the Lt Cmdr uni wouldn't be very universal since it would have to be sci.
you know, i dont think it would be to further a stretch to give therm all an ENS station too. maybe not universal on the non flagships though, just the bort, ody and hap.
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus