View Single Post
Captain
# 2131
05-10-2013, 08:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyan01 View Post
I rarely bother with HOSE. The Dev who thought that stupid Zerg-rush was a good idea should be forced to play it hourly for two days.

It is almost always a fail - you get past the initial cube group, along come the unimatrix ships and it all goes to hell. You focus on the unimatrix ships, the probes or spheres blindside you. You focus on the probes and spheres, the unimatrix ships blindside you.

As I said, nine times out of ten the mission ends with players quitting out of sheer frustration. I don't care what anyone says - it's a VERY poorly thought out mission.
on the contrary. I believe much thought went into it. I think the devs were really thinking how they could make it hard, without pointing at the obvious design flaws, that most enemy ships have one or two OP powers (they are still way too easy to defeat, dont get me wrong). when they realized that the AI cant be made stronger to give a harder challange, they just gave up, and put thos OP powered ships, that are alone easily defeatable into huge groups (even then they are just only an annoyance because of their given on or two OP powers that cannot be countered many times), and giving a boss that has all of those powers all in one.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
10k DPS Vesta threads: 1; 2