View Single Post
Career Officer
# 14
05-12-2013, 02:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoggymack22 View Post
Think about what was recently stated about BOFF powers and their ranks. They can't go in and tinker with that code.

What in the world makes people think they can tinker with crew?
Can't isn't quite correct. The developer in question was just saying it would be an major project.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=651291

Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
I don't wanna sound dismissive by saying this, but... well, I kinda have to, cuz this sort of change just really can't happen in STO. There's far-far-far too much data attached to every iteration of a Bridge Officer Ability, for us to simply push it to a different rank.

We investigated this during the Mine Revamp that went out a few months back, and it was determined to not be technically feasible. Not impossible, just ... well, it would require breaking and then re-building a few subsystems. Like how Boffs pick their random powers, for example.

That said, many of us agree with the assertion that there aren't enough low-rank ability options for Bridge Officers. Especially for Engineers and Tacticals, since so many of their abilities share category cooldowns. It's something we would like to address, but if it does happen, it won't be for some time yet.