View Single Post
Captain
# 10
05-15-2013, 11:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dknight0001 View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the intention for you to buy the Fleet Nebula to get it up spec. And if you own the original besides the console you don't have to pay the Fleet Modules.
The fleet nebula is the same obsolete garbage as the T5 nebula. The obsolete-ness comes from the bridge officer stations and the T3&T5 nebula consoles never having worked (the stats they boost have never been fixed).

This warp core makes the Nebula the only science ship with a big boost to sci stats and which can change said boosts based on power levels... which 'ups' its performance enough to compensate for the anemic boff stations (think about it.. its an 'advanced research vessel' that has poorest science boff slots..it makes no sense).

The older and less capable the Cstore ship is, the stronger its custom warp core. Newer ships like the vesta receive a not so capable core.

Quote:
Originally Posted by warpangel View Post
1. Very few ships have custom deflectors/shields/engines. Why should they have custom warp cores?
2. There is no profit in giving free upgrades for ships you bought ages ago.
1- Because it would be another selling point of c-store ships?
2- Yes there is. The ships are still on the c-store and I bet you they have not been selling well (if at all) because the newer ships outperform them by orders of magnitude. Why would you buy a Nebula when you can buy a Vesta?
http://media.tumblr.com/160cacdb395f8340dac90864182ebe16/tumblr_inline_mx9yxhItkb1qg9pkt.jpg