View Single Post
Rihannsu
# 2103
05-15-2013, 09:55 PM
I recently renamed all of my ships so that I could list them all alphabetically...

Andromeda - named after a ship I commanded in an IRC Star Trek roleplaying group back in the 90s. Not sure if the Andy was named after the show or not, as I didn't name her originally.
Blaidd Dwrg - Welsh for "bad wolf", a recurring element of the Ninth Doctor's time on TV. Mobius class destroyer, so it's all about time travel.
Concordia - another ship I commanded in the IRC group. May or may not be named after Wing Commander. I didn't name her originally, so I'm not sure.
Discovery - named after the Earth shuttle
Eddard Stark - my Breen ship. Named after the Warden of the North, Lord of Winterfell.
Freedom - named after one of the shuttles in Armageddon
Galatea - went through the list of Royal Navy ships beginning with the letter G until I found one I liked
Horizon - named after a planet in Mass Effect 2.
Independence - the other shuttle from Armageddon
Jeanne d'Arc - French girl who rallied a nation.
Knight - went through the list of Royal Navy ships beginning with the letter K until I found one I liked
Lexington - US aircraft carrier. Always liked its name.
Merlin - the magician
Normandy - I'll admit it. It's named after the SSV Normandy. I make no apologies.
Orion - missing its belt
Pathfinder - seemed a good name for the Year Two Oddy prototype.
Queen's Gambit - either a chess move, or a reference to the TV show Arrow. You decide.
Redemption - my adventuring party in Dungeons and Dragons.
Saratoga - US aircraft carrier. Always liked its name.
Tempus - Latin for time. The Tempus is an Aeon shuttle.
Ah yes, "Iconians", the immortal demons of air and darkness allegedly waiting in subspace. We have dismissed this claim.