View Single Post
Rihannsu
# 727
05-16-2013, 02:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudiefix1 View Post
Hi Dustreth.

For more tanking I would suggest to ditch RSP2 and get EptS3. Because you run no TSS, you need to increase resistance. Then replace EptS1 for ET1. This one you can use on demand.

Then if you really want/need 2 tac teams, 1 conn doff is not enough. Personally, I would never use 2 doffs for 1 ensign ability. So ditch HY1 and get another tac team. You say, It will share cooldown with engineering team, but you will see you need ET to clear virusses and you can use additional hull heals. Then, for even more tanking you can equip a second SDO doff.

I would also ditch your transwarp computer. Its useless, and even more useless with AtoB builds since you will have 3/4 systems above 75 power. Replace it with a RCS or the tachyokinetic converter (lobi) for increased turnrate, especially with coming turnrate changes. If you dont care about turnrate (you use FAW with arrays) you can equip 2 neutronium alloys to have more hull resist.
Thank you for your reply rudiefix1. First about swapping RSP2 -> EPtS3 and EPtS1 -> ET1: I noticed already with running just one shield heal is not enough suffient when you're under constant fire. I always used RSP2 when EPtS1 was on cooldown. Also running 2x EPtS on a 2x A2B boat is useless(as explained many times on the forum), because you cant get the 2nd EPtS up fast enough when the other is on cooldown. So what brings ET1 into the game? its just a hull heal. I'm an engineer captain and HE1 with a high level aux power is sufficient for hull healing. I will try your suggestion tonight or tomorrow, but i'm just doubtful if it will work. I'm also thinking to swap the uni Lt from eng to sci boff. In that case i can run TSS with a Science Team or tractor beam, but my lt comm engineer boff will have to run 2x A2B. Plus i have to buy a currently super duper expensive Quartermaster doff for the increased cooldown rate of battery use, because you will use batteries for the sci abilities as a hummer on gas :-(

Then about the transpwarp computer, that plus 2 saurian boffs(efficiency trait) and with my current points in skills i'm running the following powerlevels:

Weapon: 125/95 (capped, max = 131)
Shield : 75/55
Engine : 50/25
Aux : 55/25

Using a2b will give me very shield power and thus a better shield recharge on my covariant shield, I would like to keep that anytime possible, so any suggestions?

Last edited by dustreth; 05-16-2013 at 02:39 AM.