Lt. Commander
# 1 Cann install game
02-03-2010, 09:19 AM
I am not able to install the game on my computer. The installer goes about half way throuhg then seems to stop, (although the graphics below keep changing) other posts say just to wait, but I waited over an hour and nothing happens. I have a cyperpower core I7 with 1 gig of vid ram and 4 gigs of ram so I don't think it iiis the computer. Also all virus and firewall are off. Help!!!
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-03-2010, 10:11 AM
I think you have to enter the product key first, the same thing happened to me. But the product key still does not work, idk what the heck is the problem, ive been trying to play this game for a day now.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-03-2010, 10:28 AM
the product key isnt required to install STO its only used to activate your account with cryptic

what OS are you using?

if your using vista or win7
makesure youve logged on as your admin account, the first account you crate on your PC has admin level access
use the 'run as administrator' to start the installer
disable or in win7 lower the UAC level
if your installing STO to program files try creating a folder outside program files and install in there ie C:\games\cryptic\sto
Lt. Commander
# 4 Cannot install game
02-04-2010, 02:47 PM
I have Windows xp sp3, and only one account on the pc. I will try installing outside of program files to see if that works. Thanks for your help!!