Lt. Commander
# 1 Boycott pvp
02-03-2010, 11:25 AM
As it stands, there is no real gain for Federation to do PVP. the alpha strike, atthe very least, ensures one person dies in said alpha strike. Cloaks ensure that the Klingons can escape and come around behind. It's just not worth it guys. So starve the Klingons until Cryptic fixes things.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-03-2010, 11:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerstorm
As it stands, there is no real gain for Federation to do PVP. the alpha strike, atthe very least, ensures one person dies in said alpha strike. Cloaks ensure that the Klingons can escape and come around behind. It's just not worth it guys. So starve the Klingons until Cryptic fixes things.
Yah, because playing KvK is totally not an option.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-03-2010, 11:32 AM
PM someone in Phoenix fleet so they can teach you how to play the game. They're Feds, they're organized, and they win, shocking I know.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-03-2010, 11:39 AM
Yes, my not knowing how to play is entirely why a klingon can escape via cloak.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-03-2010, 11:45 AM
Quote:
I'm guessing you fail for several reasons but knowledge is usually the biggest. Lack of coordination/team play, poor character build, poor BO skill choices, joining PUGs all make it very difficult to win.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-03-2010, 12:46 PM
Quote:
Cloak isnt the problem... lack of organization and not on the proper target is... and if you lose the first ship doesn't mean you lose the battle. Think about what you are going to post before vomiting the first thing you think of on the boards. Don't target the engineers first.. go tactical then science. If you get targeted first use reverse shield polarity. Use your head instead of mashing the keyboard and you may live a bit.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-03-2010, 12:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Softhands View Post
Cloak isnt the problem... lack of organization and not on the proper target is...
You're wrong and you use ellipsis wrong.

Quote:
if you lose the first ship doesn't mean you lose the battle.
You are correct, but that ship is just going to turn around and shoot someone else shortly after. Feds don't have that option.

Quote:
Think about what you are going to post before vomiting the first thing you think of on the boards.

Quote:
Don't target the engineers first.. go tactical then science. If you get targeted first use reverse shield polarity. Use your head instead of mashing the keyboard and you may live a bit.
Strange. I do everything you suggest and it doesn't help any. What is your excuse for your profound insight not helping? I'll give you a hint; it's not because every 'good player' rolls Klingon like oh-so-many try to proclaim.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-03-2010, 12:54 PM
Quote:
Tractor Beam is your friend.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-03-2010, 11:47 AM
Quote:
A couple people healing the Klingons first target immediately totally negates the alpha strike. An organized, well balanced Fed team generally beats any Klingon team. And cloak definitely do not "ensure" that Klingons can escape.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-03-2010, 11:50 AM
The best part of this post is there is a thread right above this one saying Feds are OP and boycott PvP.