Lt. Commander
OK ultimately I would love to see Ferengi as a crafter/trader/mercenary class become a neutral player faction, but that dream might be a long time away.....if ever.

So how about this, make a neutral station with an auction house so we can trade to each other and have pve missions so both factions get loot/xp? Use an abandon DS9 style station that is in a non pvp zone.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-03-2010, 12:59 PM
Hey cryptic, I want this too.

I want to be a neutral race player that can do fed / kdf missions (with reduced rewards?) or fight on one side or the other pvp as I feel the desire to, but not get merits on either side - only energy credits.

I want to be a mercenary!

The merc base would be somewhere hidden and secret and cloaked... and feds, kdf and anyone else could go there and use the black market.

Oh man, do I want this.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-03-2010, 01:04 PM
A 'Neutral' faction, capable of trading with either faction, and working for either faction, could be amazingly cool.

There would have to be some counter-balance (perhaps they get less reward from each mission, to pay for being able to fly for anyone? Perhaps limited ship access... or better yet... perhaps full access to EVERYONES lowest tier ships, although at a higher 'tier'... such that the neutral faction can get lend-lease/bartered/sold Klingon and Federation Tier 1 ships at their Tier 2, Tier 2 at Tier 4, and Tier 3 at Tier 5 (it should never go higher than Tier 3, the Feds arent going to sell Soverigns nor the Klingons Vo'Quvs or Vor'Chas, but some old K'Tingas? Sure...) And then have some of their own pirate/raider/commerce style designs.

Make them Ferengi, or another Orion branch, or some combination of both.. using Ferengi hulls for their big 'Cruisers' (Call them Merchant Cruisers, Guild Cruisers, etc.) and 'Orion' hulls for their light, fast, whippy ships.

And their own station, in neutral space.

Want. Definitely Want.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-03-2010, 01:09 PM
This would work and maybe some quests, its one lot of work for everyone to enjoy rather than quests for each faction.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-03-2010, 01:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcussmythe View Post
A 'Neutral' faction, capable of trading with either faction, and working for either faction, could be amazingly cool.

There would have to be some counter-balance (perhaps they get less reward from each mission, to pay for being able to fly for anyone? Perhaps limited ship access... or better yet... perhaps full access to EVERYONES lowest tier ships, although at a higher 'tier'... such that the neutral faction can get lend-lease/bartered/sold Klingon and Federation Tier 1 ships at their Tier 2, Tier 2 at Tier 4, and Tier 3 at Tier 5 (it should never go higher than Tier 3, the Feds arent going to sell Soverigns nor the Klingons Vo'Quvs or Vor'Chas, but some old K'Tingas? Sure...) And then have some of their own pirate/raider/commerce style designs.

Make them Ferengi, or another Orion branch, or some combination of both.. using Ferengi hulls for their big 'Cruisers' (Call them Merchant Cruisers, Guild Cruisers, etc.) and 'Orion' hulls for their light, fast, whippy ships.

And their own station, in neutral space.

Want. Definitely Want.
Make them have to buy ships with energy credits and have a cost penalty from every faction because they are not subsidized. (double?)

Have their ships only naturally heal crew to half, and they have to pay credits to add crewmembers and can only do that at the neutral base? They can replace crew with things like tactical buff etc.

I love the idea.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-03-2010, 01:39 PM
I hope Cryptic is reading this, it would add a lot to the game.

Korthos
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-03-2010, 01:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cortofuego
I hope Cryptic is reading this, it would add a lot to the game.

Korthos
I think they are busy laughing all the way to the bank about our lifetime memberships =/