Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
But also have it have balanced fire power and equal hull to Fed cruisers maybe slightly less I'm open to ideas. Meaning same basic stats, minus any original tweaks you guys already though of, of course.

Quick lore/reasons I can think of not having cloak: It is a prototype weapons platform (if it's a D5 or D6 just say a proto type based on a retrofit of these platforms). The idea is this is a prototype for a mobile weapons platform built to hold the lines rather than be the front line of offense.

Instead of retrofitting a modern cloak device into the prototype, they decided to spend the extra energy/space on staying power using that wasted energy on extra weapons and shielding power. It would move like a brick, maybe even slower than Fed cruisers.

This platform would be built to use a wide array of beam arrays, beam banks, or torpedoes. No Cannons for this cruiser. I want to say it'd be cool to make it a viable missile boat loading only torpedoes, but I don't know how Cryptic could possibly balance that.

I don't have any other specifics. This is just an idea I had, and I wanted to write it down and see what you guys think. You should all know I love playing Klingons, and I think giving us a non-cloaking brick in space that it would solve a few things in PVP such as: No one ever decloaking to ruin a match, which also has the side benefit for Klingons that cloak could possibly be targetted less for nerfs.

I think it would also allow for some sweet tactics, and some teeth grinding moments when Feds see 1-2 of these things floating around wondering how many, and what exactly is cloaked around it, as it slowly approaches their comfy ball..

So now that I've ranted, and if you're still reading to this point, thanks, but I would really appreciate it if people would post their ideas about this or the T2 cruiser here, and if you think it's a good idea Fed or Kling, post in here to let Cryptic know!

TLDR:

1) Make the T2 cruiser T2-T5 with comparible hull/weapons to feds but slightly slower. (maybe slightly less shields with slightly more hull vs fed, or visa versa). Not at many crew as other Battle cruisers (just thought of this).
2) No cloak but more shields than any other Klingon ship in that Tier
3) No cannons, only beams and torpedoes/mines
4) Possible missile boat if that can be balanced.
5) Will make it less likely for "cloak griefing"
6) May make cloak less of a target of attack if they can see some of us sometimes, maybe.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-03-2010, 05:02 PM
I think it's a good idea. Gives something for the feds to see and attack to draw them out, allowing for ambushes ect.. And maybe, just maybe, it will stop the constant stream of "nerf cloak" ad infinitum.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-03-2010, 05:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mythran
I think it's a good idea. Gives something for the feds to see and attack to draw them out, allowing for ambushes ect.. And maybe, just maybe, it will stop the constant stream of "nerf cloak" ad infinitum.
Thanks man, that's exactly what I was thinking. I think it would not only fit a role Klingons need, a defensive power house, but it would make things more interesting for both Feds and Klingons alike.

I hope to get more positive responses from some of the other familiar posters here. Cryptic will listen if enough people think it's a good idea, and they think it's a good idea, and they can do it. It would throw a wrench into the whole death match game we have now, as well as KvK space combat.

EDIT: I just hope this idea doesn't get buried in all of the Nerf/QQ/NerfQQ/etc threads.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-03-2010, 05:29 PM
Love the missile boat idea, if they could pair up the slots so you had seperate front banks with theyre own cooldowns, or some other way of making them work.

Even without the missile boat part, I'd love a tanky ship to play in each tier like this, would give me a reason to role a Engie other than because we need some

I think if they made it slower than a fed ship they'd have to up the tank a bit in our favour though.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-03-2010, 05:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by troggbl View Post
Love the missile boat idea, if they could pair up the slots so you had seperate front banks with theyre own cooldowns, or some other way of making them work.

Even without the missile boat part, I'd love a tanky ship to play in each tier like this, would give me a reason to role a Engie other than because we need some

I think if they made it slower than a fed ship they'd have to up the tank a bit in our favour though.
Well I could understand having about the same hull but making it slower if they allowed something like 2x as many functional torpedo banks being viable. However, without going that route, yeah we should either get more tank or more fire power if we sacrifice speed even more (I mean even slower than Galaxy at that tier [and bigger/wider?])

And agreed, the idea is not only to give Klingons a viable all out defensive tank with some fire power, like fed cruisers (maybe more), but it sacrifices cloak and speed. Feds should at least like that trade off, since it will force Klingons to act more quickly if there are any in matches. I would fly this over my BoP if I could
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-03-2010, 05:39 PM
Yeah I have noticed the tendency here is to complain, belittle, and otherwise offer unproductive commentary. I mean sometimes I get mad and qq myself, we are all human, but there seems to be little effort by people to offer productive and mutually beneficial solutions. Solution threads tend to get ignored unless they are on someoneís qq rant radar.

Its seems to degrade into us vs. them every single time. Also a lot of the "elite" players tend to offer solutions in such an arrogant manner (calling people names like they were all in grade 5 again) that the solutions arenít even considered by the other side. All of us could use a dose of maturity it seems.

And I include myself in that category, I too can get worked up about this stuff....but it itís getting to the point where I don't even want to give input anymore.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-03-2010, 05:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mythran
Yeah I have noticed the tendency here is to complain, belittle, and otherwise offer unproductive commentary. I mean sometimes I get mad and qq myself, we are all human, but there seems to be little effort by people to offer productive and mutually beneficial solutions. Solution threads tend to get ignored unless they are on someoneís qq rant radar.

Its seems to degrade into us vs. them every single time. Also a lot of the "elite" players tend to offer solutions in such an arrogant manner (calling people names like they were all in grade 5 again) that the solutions arenít even considered by the other side. All of us could use a dose of maturity it seems.

And I include myself in that category, I too can get worked up about this stuff....but it itís getting to the point where I don't even want to give input anymore.
You'd think a Klingon ship with no cloak at all would be on the Fed rant radar whether my idea was bad or good :p
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-03-2010, 05:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonster
You'd think a Klingon ship with no cloak at all would be on the Fed rant radar whether my idea was bad or good :p
lol. Agreed. Where are you feds?? These are klingon's suggesting a ship with NO CLOAK...Gasp!

I think they are afraid their bluff might be called.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-03-2010, 07:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonster
1) Make the T2 cruiser T2-T5 with comparible hull/weapons to feds but slightly slower. (maybe slightly less shields with slightly more hull vs fed, or visa versa). Not at many crew as other Battle cruisers (just thought of this).
2) No cloak but more shields than any other Klingon ship in that Tier
3) No cannons, only beams and torpedoes/mines
4) Possible missile boat if that can be balanced.
5) Will make it less likely for "cloak griefing"
6) May make cloak less of a target of attack if they can see some of us sometimes, maybe.
What you're essentially asking for, is a nerfed fed cruiser. You've taken all the parts that make a ship klingon and thrown them out the window. It wouldn't be a case of all fire hits the cruiser, why would it? You've nerfed it's firepower but made it tough, and feds will be just as paranoid about attacking it, imagining an all powerful fleet near it.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-03-2010, 07:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulgur
What you're essentially asking for, is a nerfed fed cruiser. You've taken all the parts that make a ship klingon and thrown them out the window. It wouldn't be a case of all fire hits the cruiser, why would it? You've nerfed it's firepower but made it tough, and feds will be just as paranoid about attacking it, imagining an all powerful fleet near it.
But they CAN SEE IT. That's what they qq about, not knowing where we are so they can attack us. This will give them a big ship to attack, that can't "sneak away". There is a Klingon t4 cruiser without cloak is there not?