Lt. Commander
Hey all question mainly for the devs but maybe someone can answer it though experiance i was curious if it is still possible to get the various retailer exclusive items now that the game is out. a friend of mine has decided to get into the game and wanted to give him the best advice possible on where to get the game and what edition to buy and this will affect what i say.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-03-2010, 06:19 PM
I've had the game for days and I still can't so I'll say no. Hey dev's, still here. just hit lvl 7. Any chance of getting my Connie?
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-03-2010, 08:42 PM
Here is my experience. Your mileage may vary.

I went into GameStop to pick up a copy for my friend yesterday. I did not preorder this copy.
But it turned out that all the first shipment games at this GameStop had the limited edition bonuses whether they were actually 'preordered' or not (says contains limited edition starship on the box, but my friend has not actually installed the game yet for a full confirmation).

The GameStop sales people were very helpful. They told me they actually had only one preorder, but they received around 10 boxes of the game in the initial shipment (all with the LE bonus on the package). I picked up one of these.

So there is still hope, but I suggest speed. Hope this helps.

Note that GameStop is kind of a "small" operation. I do not know if BestBuy, with like a hundred boxes on their shelf, would have their entire first shipment be preorder boxes in a like manner.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-03-2010, 09:45 PM
My Best Buy appeared to entirely stock retail boxes advertising the Tribble/Targ. Collector's Editions were available still also at that location (Deptford NJ for those in the area).
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-03-2010, 10:13 PM
yes, you can, as long as the retailer is still offering them.