Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Gameplay
Login

Career Officer
Our new EP has indicated:

- That he is a fan of hard sci-fi over zany gimmicks.
- That he takes the IP seriously.
-That he is interested in collecting data on longstanding QoL improvements.
- That he is interesting in making individual parts of social hubs have specific function.
- That a ground up revamp of ESD with brand new maps is a near term addition.

I would like to suggest:

- That party items be designated for use in party areas like a dance floor or holosuite.
- That items like the Gingerbread Men be buffed to function year round... in designated fantasy party areas like holosuites.
- That Holo-Emitters in the Latinum store be buffed into permanent devices... usable in designated party areas.
- "Party Mode" could be enabled in missions that take place on holodecks, in proximity of Q wherever he is present in-game, in Q's Winter Wonderland. Risa and the Klingon Red Light District would be strong candidates as well.
- "Party Mode" would be enabled everywhere during designated Q calendar events, possibly along with other unique gameplay elements to indicate that Q is present for the weekend such as tweaked mission elements, strange enemies, etc.

Function should be tied to location and this is one way to fairly group players in area by interest or activity. This reduces player conflict while making the appeal of certain underutilized areas functional and possessing of a special appeal that makes their gameplay experience distinct while also making it distinct from other areas of the game.
Starfleet Veteran
# 2
02-08-2014, 01:04 AM
I would ask for free party items for all with 15 minute duration.
Bone1970 & Bone trader don't believe in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. Fed Tac's. BNE Fed Sci.
Bag of Bones & Bone Ugly don't believe in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. Rom/Fed Tac. Bone & Bone2 don't believe in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. KDF Eng's.
Warning: Not a native English-speaker, sorry if my English sucks.
Lieutenant
# 3
02-08-2014, 02:16 AM
if ya gonna revamp it... please bring back the OLD ESD... she was big, she had a 24 century feel and the interiors were big and roomy..
Captain
# 4
02-08-2014, 03:53 AM
I'd rather they did a canon rebuild of DS9. I never go to ESD unless Q is there.
Delta Rising is the best ex... oh sod it, I just want my Jupiter and Typhoon

Cryptic! Need some FREE KDF uniform options that you wont have to make? See Here.
JJ. Trek is just as canon and awesome as all other Trek, Get over it!
Unofficial Bortasq' Uniform colour guide here.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-08-2014, 04:16 AM
i wish they had 2 space docks, the one from the motion picture kitted out with the exchange etc. and the ESD purely as the shipyard, you can either beam over or take a travel pod, and then have the bonus experience of watching your ship depart through the doors.

EPIC!!!!!!!!

(cant be that hard can it????)
Commander
# 6
03-17-2014, 04:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by artan42 View Post
I'd rather they did a canon rebuild of DS9.

Agreed. Doesn't fit to the Screen DS9 at the second look and the Promenade NPCs behave like Zombies.
This is Crypticverse...
Career Officer
# 7
03-21-2014, 02:29 PM
Well, I have to say, we finally know which part of the Spacedock is the Fed Hub.

Part of the Mushroom top section around the centre cavern.

One question, where is that stateroom from the past ESDs?
USS Canada
N.C.C. 171867
Sovereign Class
Saint John Fleet Yard
"A Mari Usque Ad Mare"
Commander
# 8
02-08-2014, 08:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seaquest42 View Post
if ya gonna revamp it... please bring back the OLD ESD... she was big, she had a 24 century feel and the interiors were big and roomy..
Ugh.

Worst. Design. Ever. (For a Star Trek station at least)

They went the right direction with bringing the canon exterior back and super cool INTERIOR designing like the revamped Shipyard.

There are some other good suggestions on the ESD revamp in this thread: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh....php?t=1008571 starting at Post #10.
Captain
# 9
02-08-2014, 08:24 AM
A fan of hard Sci-Fi, over zany gimmicks, huh? Seeing that STO is basically, one, big, zany, gimmick, at this point, that's kind of like the president of McDonalds saying they want to sell Domino's pizzas.
This all happened... more, or less.
Starfleet Veteran
# 10
02-08-2014, 09:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnkirk4 View Post
A fan of hard Sci-Fi, over zany gimmicks, huh? Seeing that STO is basically, one, big, zany, gimmick, at this point, that's kind of like the president of McDonalds saying they want to sell Domino's pizzas.
Considering on the Mohs scale of scifi hardness as shown here Star Trek is closer to fantasy that hard scifi its always been like that.