Rihannsu
I'm just finishing up my K.D.F. character (Kargon. Don't ask, And don't look it in the eye.)
"He is an Engineer so I want to get my precious Kargon a good cruiser. The 3 I'm looking at are the 3-pack Bortasqu', Fleet Mogh, and the Fleet Negh'Var. From a veterans perspective which one is better in both firepower and hull.

# 2
02-09-2014, 12:59 PM
What do you want to do with it? And does that include turning?
Lieutenant
# 3
02-09-2014, 01:04 PM
Fleet Mogh. no competition(for these choices).
Fleet Negh'var lacks firepower and the Bortasqu' is a flying death trap despite the hull numbers. It has no defense % to speak of and can't turn away in a pinch without evasive which even then can be too slow. I've tried running it with and without the special consoles it comes with(they're pretty lame btw), and with several different builds and have never found it to perform particularly well. I run the Fleet Tor'Kaht on my KDF tac and love it, wouldn't mind picking up the Mogh but the Tor'Kaht does just fine for me. It's Maneuverable, good defenses, great firepower, all the makings of a true BATTLEcruiser.
Rihannsu
# 4
02-09-2014, 02:40 PM
The Tor'Kaht does have a great turn rate (Tor'Kaht: 10) (Fleet Mogh: 9)
but it gives that up for some hull (Tor'Kaht: 39600) (Fleet Mogh): 41250 . I think I'll get the Fleet Mogh, first. But someday I'll get the Tor'Kaht. I like the looks of it.

Thank you for the info jadz3.

# 5
02-09-2014, 03:48 PM
Negh'var and Bortasqu are more about support and absorbing punishment, while the Mogh deals with threats by making them go away. There is also the Mirror Negh'var to consider which is an excellent support ship with a decent amount of firepower, giving you something middle-of-the road till you're sure, and much much cheaper.

Also, why can I see your signature even though I have those turned off. You're inputting it manually rather than set for automatic?
Rihannsu
# 6
02-09-2014, 05:14 PM
It's automatic, I think...... I'll get the Fleet Mogh first. But one day I'll get the flagship.
I talked to people in my fleet the Bortasqu' isn't a bad ship it's slow but so is my [REDACTED].

Thank you Reginamala