Lt. Commander
I just spent 5 Days Collecting Samples and spent over 300,000 credits (buying remaining samples) to "unlock" the Crafting System, and I just learned it was a complete waste of time!

I was told there was a crafting system and appearently there is not. And I know Cryptic doesn't care, nor is going to refund my credits for a major broken system.

I'm very disappointed in you Cryptic.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-04-2010, 12:17 AM
Is it just me or is it common knowledge that the crafting system hasn't been implemented yet?
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-04-2010, 12:19 AM
its been common knowledge since the game was in closed beta that the crafting system wasnt implemented, even from looking at it from a completely fresh viewpoint i couldnt see the actual point in crafting.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-04-2010, 12:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awarkle View Post
its been common knowledge since the game was in closed beta that the crafting system wasnt implemented, even from looking at it from a completely fresh viewpoint i couldnt see the actual point in crafting.
So in other words, this guy dumped all this stuff into crafting.. didn't get anywhere.. and gets mad at Cryptic because he lacks the ability to research something before diving in that far?

Ok. Just checking.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-04-2010, 12:39 AM
Excuse me, because I recall the Devs saying at the last days of Open Beta that is was in and there were people both in Beta and Live, saying it is working.

So if they were lying, then Cryptic wasn't telling their customers that crafting was still not in and anyone trying is just wasting their time outside of Mk2 upgrades. So yes, Cryptic is responsible.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-04-2010, 01:26 AM
Research (I prefer this term over crafting) is in, its just not that great IMHO

quick mission from egg to Memory Alpha, hanfd in smaple, then thats it, no other guidance on what your supposed to do, or how to do it

from what i have gathered you need to research 62 items with Romaine, then you go onto the next tier.
Sadly I can get better gear (Blues etc) from Fleet actions so Research seems to be kinda pointless and a time sink
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-04-2010, 01:39 AM
from what I recall cryptic telling us in beta, this IS the crafting system how it is now, though they did say they will consider seriously making changes to it if enough people show interest/complain about the current system. Myself personally I would love to see some form of experimentation crafting system put in to improve items you currently have which would actually work in line with the lore pretty well.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-04-2010, 03:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badem View Post
Sadly I can get better gear (Blues etc) from Fleet actions so Research seems to be kinda pointless and a time sink
It is. By the time you've investigated all the obscure anomalies necessary for something like an uncommon MKII shield, you've probably already reached a rank with equipment way beyond what's offered at Memory Alpha.

It wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't such a long trip just to turn in an inventory full of useless crap for one item that's useless crap.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-04-2010, 03:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sulda View Post
Is it just me or is it common knowledge that the crafting system hasn't been implemented yet?
Common knowledge for forum users perhaps. This isnt beta, so things *should* be working properly, or have a warning that they are not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sulda View Post
So in other words, this guy dumped all this stuff into crafting.. didn't get anywhere.. and gets mad at Cryptic because he lacks the ability to research something before diving in that far?

Ok. Just checking.
Fact is, no one should *have* to do any researching.

Anyway, the idea that a crafting system isnt working on a full game is just ridiculous. Not sure if it is or not in this case.

And what Sulda said was equally as ridiculous.

Fact is, the 'crafting' system is a big pile of horrible mucus, its a waste of time in my opinion. It seems live a half-arsed attempt at trying to make one, then they just left it not only unfinished, but not even properly started yet.

Frankly, they may as well have just not bothered, spent the time working on something that is actually fun and interesting.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-04-2010, 12:22 AM
I, for one, like the slow gain aspect. Crafting should be the result of effort over time. Even moreso than leveling a character to cap.

Top tier crafters should not be common, it would make it pointless to be a top tier crafter. Saving a few credits crafting your own whatever will not even get you 1% of invested money back. This is a good thing. Your hard earned skill will be your source of income instead of trying to strugle in flooded, low profit high turnover markets.