Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Controls, User Interface, and the STO Gateway
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
I mean can ya not? I can't find a function for it if there is one. That's a ridiculously large oversight to make. You could lock an action bar way the hell back in City of Heroes. As I remember, you could lock them in Champions online as well. How does one forget this very basic function? I was just hunting for a way to lock it down after having twice dragged my Rifle Butt off by accident in the middle of a fight, as well as my fabricate phaser cannon. So an enemy is closing with me, and I'm spamming my 1 key, and wondering why I'm not smacking the guy in front of me... til.. "Hell's teeth! It's not in the bar! Dammit!"

Add a function you devs to lock it down. That's an unconscionable oversight to have made.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
02-04-2010, 04:39 PM
/signed

even the windows task bar has it
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
02-04-2010, 04:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterRose View Post
I mean can ya not? I can't find a function for it if there is one. That's a ridiculously large oversight to make. You could lock an action bar way the hell back in City of Heroes. As I remember, you could lock them in Champions online as well. How does one forget this very basic function? I was just hunting for a way to lock it down after having twice dragged my Rifle Butt off by accident in the middle of a fight, as well as my fabricate phaser cannon. So an enemy is closing with me, and I'm spamming my 1 key, and wondering why I'm not smacking the guy in front of me... til.. "Hell's teeth! It's not in the bar! Dammit!"

Add a function you devs to lock it down. That's an unconscionable oversight to have made.
wel, simple answer is...
don't use right click

skills only get dragged+removed with right click.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
02-04-2010, 05:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mardoxx View Post
wel, simple answer is...
don't use right click

skills only get dragged+removed with right click.
This is right. Well, it should still be added. I think that's why they went with the weird right-click.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
02-05-2010, 12:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mardoxx View Post
wel, simple answer is...
don't use right click

skills only get dragged+removed with right click.
It's a little hard not to use right click. You use your right click to move your camera around. Which when it comes to targeting is somewhat essential. The problem of course being that the right click also drags stuff off your actionbar. And that's when stuff isn't inexplicably disappearing from your actionbar when you transport down in the first place. If you're in the thick of an all out melee or you have a battlegroup all starting to orient on you in some patrol mission, you're not going to be paying exact attention to where your cursor is when you start camming around to see who's shooting at you, or where your target ran off to. That's when you start inadvertently dragging things like Rifle-Butt or High Yield Torpedo off your bar.

If they're going to make camming around be your right click + hold, then they need to make dragging stuff onto and off of your actionbar something else. Like maybe a middle-click + hold. Or you could just give us something to lock down the actionbar with. It's not a hard leap of logic to make. Like the guy said, even WINDOWS has something to lockdown a taskbar with.

I mean I suppose I COULD just keybind camming to another button altogether... But it's not as intuitive as rightclicking to cam around with.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
02-05-2010, 08:40 AM
Your criticism is founded but I would like the option to turn it off(the lock button): I don't want another button on my action bar, there's already enough there.

You can also use the left-mouse button.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
02-05-2010, 11:18 AM
The left click reorients your facing, which defeats the purpose of camming around to see who's shooting you in the backside if you're still shooting at another target. The button to lock the hotbar doesn't have to be ON the hotbar. It could be something we could checkmark on the expanded hotbar menu that we're dragging skills from. In fact, that'd be an excellent place to put it.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
02-05-2010, 02:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterRose View Post
The button to lock the hotbar doesn't have to be ON the hotbar. It could be something we could checkmark on the expanded hotbar menu that we're dragging skills from. In fact, that'd be an excellent place to put it.
Good idea. I just assumed it would be put there since the it's the same UI engine as Champions.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
02-06-2010, 06:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterRose View Post
The left click reorients your facing, which defeats the purpose of camming around to see who's shooting you in the backside if you're still shooting at another target. The button to lock the hotbar doesn't have to be ON the hotbar. It could be something we could checkmark on the expanded hotbar menu that we're dragging skills from. In fact, that'd be an excellent place to put it.

Really? Even with default settings my left click never changed my facing, I had to hold down both mouse buttons to do that. And even if it does for you, you can go into keybindings and change it.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:13 PM.