Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Romulan Gameplay
Login

Ensign
Hi I would like to discuss some suggestions for the Romulan side, feel free to add to this list and hopefully the Developers will listen.

1) Crafting desk for the Romulans somewhere on new Romulus please! It so annoying having to go to Qonos or to Memory Alpha just to do crafting
2) More Romulan specific missions such as involving senators, praetors, proconsuls etc. Romulans are meant to be tricky and involved in political back stabbing stuff like that. I really feel like this is missing
3) Ship self repair droids as seen in ENT United. That would be a cool Romulan reputation item
4) Some cooler animals on new Romulus, sorry but that octopus looking thing is just so stupid! I mean come on! It is meant to be some wild untamed world!
Career Officer
# 2
02-12-2014, 10:56 AM
1.) There are already crafting consoles at New Romulus Command.

2.) Politics would certainly be an intersting idea for all three factions so this is a good idea.

3.) Not quite sure what you mean by "ship self repair droids". I hope you don't mean R2D2.
If you are referring to the Romulan Drone ships, those are already in the game as pets that can be launched by the Scimitar.

4.) You sure you took a serius walk around? There are more animals to see there. The scientists actually tell you about them as you walk around the adventure zone. And not all those animals are "cute"
Survivor of Romulus
# 3
02-15-2014, 04:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterde3 View Post
1.) There are already crafting consoles at New Romulus Command.
Are you sure you can do crafting there? The last time I checked there were "crafting consoles" that allowed the purchase of various crafting materials and offered the same items the vendors from Memory Alpha offer (the consoles even have Ferengi names ), but there wasn't a crafting console where one can actually craft.
Is this changed, because although there were consoles, we couldn't craft at NRC?
Show your support for the Revamped Galaxy Class Exploration Cruiser here!
Career Officer
# 4
02-15-2014, 05:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shpoks View Post
Are you sure you can do crafting there? The last time I checked there were "crafting consoles" that allowed the purchase of various crafting materials and offered the same items the vendors from Memory Alpha offer (the consoles even have Ferengi names ), but there wasn't a crafting console where one can actually craft.
Is this changed, because although there were consoles, we couldn't craft at NRC?
Just checked...looks like those darn things don't actually work.
Indeed that's false advertising.*doublefacepalm*
Haven't done and crafting since before F2P.
My apologies then, those things indeed don't do what they're supposed to.
Captain
# 5
02-15-2014, 06:26 AM
I double-checked as well. 4 stations labeled "crafting" of one kind or another. All are actually stores rather than crafting tables.

I have the faintest impression, not quite a memory, that there was an active crafting table in the room, either in beta or right after the Romulan faction was released, but that it was pulled after just a couple of days. If so, I don't recall a "why" being given.
Survivor of Romulus
# 6
02-15-2014, 08:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by steamwright View Post
I have the faintest impression, not quite a memory, that there was an active crafting table in the room, either in beta or right after the Romulan faction was released, but that it was pulled after just a couple of days. If so, I don't recall a "why" being given.
I don't know about the beta on Tribble, but I'm 100% sure that there never was an ability to craft in NRC on Holodeck. I know this because I made my Romulan instantly after the LoR patch was done and this was one of the first things I checked out when I hit level 10 and visited NRC, since my Rom is a maxed out crafter I wanted to do that there, but found out I have to go to Memory Alpha.
Show your support for the Revamped Galaxy Class Exploration Cruiser here!
Captain
# 7
02-15-2014, 04:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jagabis View Post
Hi I would like to discuss some suggestions for the Romulan side, feel free to add to this list and hopefully the Developers will listen.

1) Crafting desk for the Romulans somewhere on new Romulus please! It so annoying having to go to Qonos or to Memory Alpha just to do crafting Me: There is a console there
2) More Romulan specific missions such as involving senators, praetors, proconsuls etc. Romulans are meant to be tricky and involved in political back stabbing stuff like that. I really feel like this is missing Me: This is a nice idea, perhaps Roms go undercover and do all that cool stuff
3) Ship self repair droids as seen in ENT United. That would be a cool Romulan reputation item Me: Please explain, do you want R2-D2, or the Drone Ships? If it's the latter, we have them as pets for the Scimitar
4) Some cooler animals on new Romulus, sorry but that octopus looking thing is just so stupid! I mean come on! It is meant to be some wild untamed world! Me: wut do you mean 'cooler animals', do you mean a giant 3 headed Lion?
Answers are above, labled 'me'
Republic Veteran
# 8
02-15-2014, 09:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jagabis View Post

1) Crafting desk for the Romulans somewhere on new Romulus please! It so annoying having to go to Qonos or to Memory Alpha just to do crafting
2) More Romulan specific missions such as involving senators, praetors, proconsuls etc. Romulans are meant to be tricky and involved in political back stabbing stuff like that. I really feel like this is missing
3) Ship self repair droids as seen in ENT United. That would be a cool Romulan reputation item
4) Some cooler animals on new Romulus, sorry but that octopus looking thing is just so stupid! I mean come on! It is meant to be some wild untamed world!
2. More info on the political situation in the New Romulan Republic would be a good thing (although I think I've almost gotten it figured out), especially in the context of missions. However, "Romulans are meant to be" statements often seem to favor one depiction of Romulans over others (and usually the favored depiction seems to be the Tal'Shiar of TNG, which are anything but representative of what "Romulans are meant to be"). In point of fact, D'Tan and other officials of the New Romulan Republic and/or military like to emphasize the values of "openness and honesty" over "secrecy and deceit" quite a lot. While no political state can exist long without some secrecy and deceit, there is such a thing as going to extremes, and the Tal'Shiar definitely went to, and beyond, extremes.

4. The Mother Nanov is quite awesome. There are many other fauna native to ch'Mol'Rihan as well.

Tal'Diann (Phi'Tlaru Rihan) ~(‾.▿.‾)~ Tal'Diann (Romulan Military Intelligence)
The saying "There are no women on the internet" is sexist nonsense. We do exist, and we also play MMOs. Do not misgender me; I am female.
Captain
# 9
02-15-2014, 10:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by protogoth View Post
2. More info on the political situation in the New Romulan Republic would be a good thing (although I think I've almost gotten it figured out), especially in the context of missions. However, "Romulans are meant to be" statements often seem to favor one depiction of Romulans over others (and usually the favored depiction seems to be the Tal'Shiar of TNG, which are anything but representative of what "Romulans are meant to be"). In point of fact, D'Tan and other officials of the New Romulan Republic and/or military like to emphasize the values of "openness and honesty" over "secrecy and deceit" quite a lot. While no political state can exist long without some secrecy and deceit, there is such a thing as going to extremes, and the Tal'Shiar definitely went to, and beyond, extremes.
I have to agree with Protogoth here. This is a new start for the Romulans who want to live differently to the Romulans we know of from TNG. Even then the Tal'Shiar were feared by the people and disliked by the military. Before the destruction of Romulus this was not possible.

There is even a cut scene where D'Tan politely tells the Tal'Shiar where to go.

I too would like to see more in depth story missionds on the situation. Maybe they can be gated behind the rep system like some of the missions already are. When you have reached tier 5 you have earned enough trust to start these missions.
Captain
# 10
02-15-2014, 12:04 PM
Exclusive content for Rommies gated behind the Rep is an interesting idea. Color me interested. My sole Rommie is KDF aligned but all that growling and fang baring and such can be a trifle annoying some days.