Lt. Commander
# 1 Powerhue?
02-04-2010, 06:03 AM
Why was this removed?

Now the only personalization on the weapons is...blue, green, yellow, red?

How dull.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-04-2010, 06:05 AM
I liked it too, but Cryptic did say that it was unintended - we were never meant to have control over the powerhues. Oh well . . . it was fun while it lasted.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-04-2010, 08:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedknob
I liked it too, but Cryptic did say that it was unintended - we were never meant to have control over the powerhues. Oh well . . . it was fun while it lasted.
Yes! Now all we need to do is get rid of all the non-cannon ship designs, the haphazard piecing together of different builds of classes, remove the 'tattooing' of the ships(I'm sure it was only in for beta) there wasn't anything like that in the series or movies, get rid of the custom uniform designs as we're all in Starfleet or the Klingon Empire, after all, and then start policing non-cannon names or names referencing other movies/shows/cult classics, like Captain Stern.

Oh, and nearly forgot, only allow the right weapons in each side's ships! No disruptors for Feds, no phasers for Klingons!

Did I forget anything else 'canon' and 'immersion' smashing? After all, how dare you change your colors, even for role-playing purposes! How dare you reformed Borg use green phasers and torpedoes!
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-04-2010, 08:45 AM
Expect a class action lawsuit, Cryptic.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-04-2010, 08:45 AM
THanks for removing colored phasers. These posts are a sign that sometimes, the customer is wrong
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-04-2010, 08:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strombonni
THanks for removing colored phasers. These posts are a sign that sometimes, the customer is wrong
It's more a case of the louder dip-(censoreds) yelling about something they don't like and getting 'the man in charge' to do something about it, despite it harming no one.

I'm truly sad, I was looking forward to having a liberated Borg captain insisting that all his weapons be green(including torpedoes), and keeping my phasers blue even after no longer flying the constitution class ship from pre-order.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-04-2010, 09:08 AM
Jayrith, I believe your first and second posts contradict each other. Why force people to your way? Why not just ask for an option to turn it off for you so all you see is default weapons? Whats wrong with other people enjoying a little freedom with their weapons? Not everyone is a die-hard everything must be exactly like the movies trekkie.

Just a thought.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-04-2010, 09:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaceon
Jayrith, I believe your first and second posts contradict each other. Why force people to your way? Why not just ask for an option to turn it off for you so all you see is default weapons? Whats wrong with other people enjoying a little freedom with their weapons? Not everyone is a die-hard everything must be exactly like the movies trekkie.

Just a thought.
Think he was being sarcastic in his first post...
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-04-2010, 09:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucio_Jenkins
Think he was being sarcastic in his first post...
Yes, I was being sarcastic and critical of all the whiner-babies who can't let people have fun.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-04-2010, 09:14 AM
Summons is in the mail, Cryptic. You have violated my civil rights by not allowing me preference of phaser colors on intellectual property I do not own, only pay a monthly fee to use within its intended parameters as clearly stated in the TOS. Is this the Federation or communism?