Lt. Commander
in sector space that look like the ships of the enemy in them.

Those that have red clouds around them no problem. The ones that look like actual enemy ships, I think I ihave pressed every button on the keyboard trying to get some kind of reaction to it. Mouse doesn't help either. Left click, right click and the manual of course is silent about this subject.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-04-2010, 04:32 PM
Fly to them, and you'll enter into a Deep Space Encounter instance - or be asked if you want to enter it.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-04-2010, 04:46 PM
I think tis' broken! I flew from ship to ship with no fights, just bounced off them! Have only managed to have fights when they are in clouds since the last patch.

PS Please can we have more signal contacts? Like other random species? Not just Klingots?
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-04-2010, 04:51 PM
Heres how it works...

The enemy ships flying in space will target a random captain in range of them and fly towards them. If they hit the captain, they'll turn into a red cloud and suck the person they hit into it then anyone can jump in the red cloud to help.

You cannot force a confrontation with them in ship form, they have to go after YOU.

If you outlevel them, they will not chase you or attack you, they ignore you.

So if you want to attack something, you have to wait until they attack someone level appropriate and form a red cloud.

Crystalline entity works the same way, once you outlevel it, you just have to follow it aroudn until it attacks someone else.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-04-2010, 05:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysRemember
Heres how it works...

The enemy ships flying in space will target a random captain in range of them and fly towards them. If they hit the captain, they'll turn into a red cloud and suck the person they hit into it then anyone can jump in the red cloud to help.

You cannot force a confrontation with them in ship form, they have to go after YOU.

gah, and that's probably my number 1 complaint with the game... if i just finished a mission and i'm hailing starfleet, handing in my quest, getting new quests, etc. it is so annoying to get interupted by one of these, waiting for the loading screen, flying in, and then immediately being asked if I want to return to sector space. which of course I do, because I was in the middle of something -_-

Quote:
So if you want to attack something, you have to wait until they attack someone level appropriate and form a red cloud.
i hope they fix this at some point, lol. especially the ones in federation space but it's not a big deal i guess

Quote:
Crystalline entity works the same way, once you outlevel it, you just have to follow it aroudn until it attacks someone else.
hmm... i have yet to actually see a crystalline entity flying around. i've only ever managed to enter the instance by finding a federation ship flying around alpha centauri (often stopping near teneeba (sp?))
they give me the mission and load me right into the instance
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-04-2010, 05:23 PM
In beta, you had a little checkbox option that let you select which instance you wanted to zone into.

So when those stupid ships rammed you, the instance selection window popped up and you could simply close it instead of having to go through 2 load screens and possibly a death because you decided to watch a few seconds of tv while traveling or went to the bathroom.

The forced random encounters are extremely irritating.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-04-2010, 07:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timofnine View Post
I think tis' broken! I flew from ship to ship with no fights, just bounced off them! Have only managed to have fights when they are in clouds since the last patch.

PS Please can we have more signal contacts? Like other random species? Not just Klingots?
Each sector grouping has different aliens to fight. Sirius Regulus and Pi Canis have Klingons and Gorn, Alpha Centauri Psi Vorelum and Iota Povonis all have Romulan, and Beta Ursae and the other two near it have Cardassian.

I am guessing the green block has borgz!

(I apologize for the sector spellings... I am still trying to memorize them, but I am sure you can find what I meant. ;p)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slough-3yeZ
Q: How do you attack Enemy Signal Contacts?
A: You wait for them to chase you apparently!
I was able to fly to red clouds and hit "F" to enter earlier today.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-04-2010, 09:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBlinker
I was able to fly to red clouds and hit "F" to enter earlier today.
"Those that have red clouds around them no problem. The ones that look like actual enemy ships, I think I ihave pressed every button on the keyboard trying to get some kind of reaction to it. Mouse doesn't help either. Left click, right click and the manual of course is silent about this subject."

You must have missed that part.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-04-2010, 09:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jardail
"Those that have red clouds around them no problem. The ones that look like actual enemy ships, I think I ihave pressed every button on the keyboard trying to get some kind of reaction to it. Mouse doesn't help either. Left click, right click and the manual of course is silent about this subject."

You must have missed that part.
I have also been able to attack them... or be attacked by them.

Try flying directly into the front of their ship. Was working for me last night.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-04-2010, 05:51 PM
Q: How do you attack Enemy Signal Contacts?
A: You wait for them to come a-chasin' you!