Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Career Officer
KDF-Allied Romulan - needed to do some BO Training using a Purple Orion Tactical Officer Candidate. The window did not have the option to "Train" - only "Join" and "Not now".

Did forum search - some report being able to use Allied BO's for training. Others report it does not work. Had Orion Engineering Officer Candidate in inventory as well. It worked - showed option to "Train".

Did further testing by buying some KDF Bridge Officers from the Exchange.
- Lethean Engineering Officer Candidate (Blue) - worked. Shows Train option.
- Gorn Science Officer Candidate (Blue) - Did NOT work - no Train option.
- Klingon Tactical Officer Candidate (Blue) - Did NOT work - no Train option.
- Klingon Tactical Officer Candidate (Purple) - Did NOT work - no Train option.

Appears to be bug with allied Tactical and Science BO's only. Which explains why some posted training works for Romulans and some didn't.

Ticket ID #2,328,706

Last edited by eagledraco; 02-24-2014 at 09:19 PM.
Lieutenant
# 2
02-25-2014, 12:06 AM
Also KDF-Rommie here and i also got that "bug", but maybe i have a solution.

Other story first, i tried to let a kdf train my romulan BO and that also didnt work, cause it says the kdf was from the wrong faction, but a fed couldnt train me either so it seems that the romulans are, even when allied, a third faction.

Example from my BO:

Got BAO3 KDF BO from exchange try to train ... no option.
Bought a blue KDF Tac BO let him join and the train option for the BAO3 BO is active!

This works with all specializations.

So for the BO training, as far for what i experienced, a workaround is that you need a active slotted KDF BO to let a KDF train a Romulan.

Last edited by jaxina; 02-25-2014 at 12:09 AM.
Career Officer
# 3
02-25-2014, 03:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxina View Post
So for the BO training, as far for what i experienced, a workaround is that you need a active slotted KDF BO to let a KDF train a Romulan.
You know what... you are Brilliant! Your workaround worked. I did not have to slot a KDF BO. Just had to let one join. After that I was able to use a Tac BO for training CSV3.

Now I realize the reason why I had no problem with KDF Engineer BO's - it's because I have the Klingon Borg Engineer on my crew.

Thanks again for this work around. If a dev is reading this, this bug and workaround need to be put in Known Issues in patch notes.
Captain
# 4
02-25-2014, 06:06 PM
For future reference all romulan character's despite their allegiance, can only train romulan/reman boff's with romulan/reman boff's.

Unless you allow a different race to become an active crew member on your roster, only than can you use a different race to train a romulan/reman boff, and the newly active boff must be the exact same class type as the romulan/reman you wish to train (example eng/sci/tac).

In other words if you wanted to train a tac romulan/reman boff with a Klingon tac boff, you must first have a non-romulan/reman tac boff as an active boff already in your roster, than it will allow you to use any race outside of romulan/reman to train in tac skills.

But remember if you get rid of the non-romulan/reman boff, it will take this ability away, so remember anytime you want to train with a alternate species you must have a non-romulan/reman boff of exact matching class to make use of another different species to train with.
[Combat (Self)] Your Lunge deals 3252 (1916) Physical Damage(Critical) to Heavy Tactical Drone.
If you have come to the forums, to complain about the AFK penalty, than it is WAI.
MACO/OMEGA/KHG Accolade Bug Link
Praetor of The Romulan Tal Shiar fleet
Career Officer
# 5
02-26-2014, 03:09 AM
Is this described in-game at all? I assumed only Rom BO's could train my crew until I saw my Orion Engineer worked.

Doing a forum search showed others having the same problem - being described as hit or miss for the ability to train with allied BO's.

If this is working as intended, and if there's no info on this in the tutorial or from the BO Trainer on New Romulus then this is a perfect example of "Tribal Knowledge" and "Undocumented Mechanics" that STOked used to talk about in their broadcasts. Something Cryptic still needs to work on.

Thanks again for the workaround and info.
Captain
# 6
02-26-2014, 04:42 AM
Wait, i dont get it.. a Boff can train another boff??? its the first time i see this lol. Neat, very neat.. lol. How to do that???