Lt. Commander
I am curious as to what ratio of Expose to Exploit weapons that folks are equipping. For the most part, I have had my BO carrying expose weapons that tend to do quite a bit of knockback damage. This led to the unfortunate consequence of targeted enemies getting knocked back and back and back. While slightly comedic, it could also lead to triggering other NPC enemy groups.

More recently, I have tried giving BOs more exploit weapons and minimizing knockback, but it's difficult to judge the effects of making this change of tactics in any quantitative way. So I am wondering how people are making decisions amongst these weapon and damage types.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-04-2010, 11:03 PM
i tend to max expose on my boffs. Their exploits dont do enough damage, and often claim exploits on tough enemies where it would be much better if I did it.

you can get exposes that don't KB. Wide Beam Pistols and Dual Sweep Pistols are good ones - huge arcs, so boffs tend to hit multiple targets more often than with Pulse Wave.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-04-2010, 11:14 PM
In PvP everyone uses Exploit since the damage is so high on un-Exposed targets and you have plenty of abilities to Expose enemies anyway.

In PvE, it's probably best to have all your BO equipped with Expose weapons while you use two Exploit weapons, probably two Split Beam rifles. Even then you hardly get enough Exposes on enemies to really make things quick for you...
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-04-2010, 11:54 PM
i use expose in pvp... you dont kill credit for enemies you expose, but it helps your team.. a LOT