Lt. Commander
Is the people on here, flaming it left, right and centre.

We're less than a week after launch, and people are moaning that things aren't perfect? Seriously? You people are about as useful as a snooze button on a smoke alarm.

I would personally like to thank Cryptic for making a great game on what i'm told, wasn't an excessive budget, and for the amazing attention to detail included from the Star Trek Universe. I can't remember the last time I was so immersed in a game and it's environment - fantastic!

It really is the Star Trek game that Star Trek fans have been waiting for, and I for one am glad that it's obviously been crafted by people who are big fans of the franchise themselves.

Great job Cryptic! This is one trekkie/gamer who is immensely pleased!

(And immensely tired from staying up far too late to play!)
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-05-2010, 02:25 AM
------------bump - couldn't agree more.
I'm honestly surprised by that a Star Trek community would act in this manner - but I do get the feeling that the hardcore flamers are here because they have nothing else to do. While the rest of us politely offer constructive criticisms while enjoying the game. There aren;t many people speaking up about the game here because the vast majority are too busy playing and enjoying it.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-05-2010, 02:39 AM
See if you're still thanking them in two months.

This release is identical to the Champions Online release in nearly every single way. The center point of frustration being that Cryptic did not alter anything after the uproar caused by their handling of Champions. This is all repeated history, and when viewing it as such, it makes me loathe to even consider purchasing the game. I feel for those of you that did however, and I hope that for your sake Cryptic doesn't stick it to you like they did to me with Champions... which may be a passable game sometime next year.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-05-2010, 02:46 AM
If, in two months he's changed his mind that will be HIS buisness. Who are you to try and suck the fun he gets from the game away from him? Just because you're bitter and hateful, you feel everyone else should be just as bitter? NEWSFLASH: Different people have different likes and dislikes. Just because YOU hate something does NOT mean everyone else also does, nor should. And because THEY like something does not mean YOU should. We are INDIVIDUALS. With INDIVIDUAL TASTES. Stop trying to force your hatred on others. It is childish.

It is also disengenius. This release is just like Champions? What great change did they enact between headstart and the game going live which has angered such a large number of people? Hmmm. I'm thinking hard and the only thing I can think of is power hue. WOW! What a game breaker THAT'S turned out to be. Again, the very things you find to spell dire death and disaster are features others are ok with. So how about letting people enjoy themselves?

Now, in the spirit of the OP, MY biggest complaint. Why is it Cryptic is so reticent to fill out creature descriptions? Whether it is some supervillain in CO, or a type of ship in STO, the descriptions and info is almost always left blank. Hey, if they need someone to fill in the blanks, I'll be happy to do it at scale.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-05-2010, 02:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamui View Post
If, in two months he's changed his mind that will be HIS buisness. Who are you to try and suck the fun he gets from the game away from him? Just because you're bitter and hateful, you feel everyone else should be just as bitter? NEWSFLASH: Different people have different likes and dislikes. Just because YOU hate something does NOT mean everyone else also does, nor should. And because THEY like something does not mean YOU should. We are INDIVIDUALS. With INDIVIDUAL TASTES. Stop trying to force your hatred on others. It is childish.
I find your post hilariously hypocritical.

Anyway, I wasn't doing anything beyond cautioning to "take it with a grain of salt", because this "bitterness" that you describe coincidentally did originate from real events which occurred. I think people like you should be ashamed for pulling the wool over the eyes of others who deserve to get honesty instead of lip service. If my commentary genuinely steals the wind from your sails I would argue that there was none to begin with.

And as I said already, if you truly enjoy the game, such as it is, more power to you.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-05-2010, 03:05 AM
Hypocritical in what way? In the way that it enables you to try and insult me when you have no leg to stand on?

What wool is it I'm pulling over his eyes? That he enjoys the game? That's HIS decision to make. Not mine, and much to your obvious chagrin not yours.

All you're doing right now is going from post to post like a ghost, mourfully lowing about how bad Cryptic is and how '....you'll ruuuuuueeeeee the game! Seeeeee what they've dooooneee to meeeeeee!" And really, that's what this is all about. YOU. What Cryptic did to YOU when they 'stole' your uber powers away after the CO headstart, forcing you to no longer feel like a 'hero'. And you are hellbent on 'teaching' the lesson to everyone here about how bad Cryptic is. Oh, and heavens forbid someone point out a FACT like personal enjoyment is a PERSONAL thing! Then they're 'pulling the wool' over someone's eyes and being hypocritical.

Look, YOU hate Cryptic. YOU don't want to play a Cryptic game. Whoop de doo for you. THEN DON'T. Those of us who like the game, we'll play it. And when we get tired of it, we'll stop. We don't need YOU trying to save us from our own stupidity of actually daring to try and enjoy a game which we <GASP!> find enjoyable.

Sheesh, someone makes a feelgood post about how they like the game and you just can NOT resist urinating all over it can you. Well, stop raining on other people's parades.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-05-2010, 03:00 AM
Bumped for the truth!
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-05-2010, 03:05 AM
Well, my two cents.

Today is my second day, well in fact just about 10 hours of playing when suddenly I get the reboot message.
Ok, fine, some games reboot their servers once a week and I suppose I've bad luck enough to be today ><

But, since I'm enjoying the game (from here, well done, keep up the good work ) I've to say sometimes feels like a beta; don't ask me why is the feeling I get after played lots of games and this seems somewhat unfinished, unpolished if you prefer.

But well, as far as the game goes, my only complaint is about how hard it is to find the unknown items in space... frustrating to say the less.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-05-2010, 03:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayded View Post
Is the people on here, flaming it left, right and centre.

We're less than a week after launch, and people are moaning that things aren't perfect? Seriously? You people are about as useful as a snooze button on a smoke alarm.

I would personally like to thank Cryptic for making a great game on what i'm told, wasn't an excessive budget, and for the amazing attention to detail included from the Star Trek Universe. I can't remember the last time I was so immersed in a game and it's environment - fantastic!

It really is the Star Trek game that Star Trek fans have been waiting for, and I for one am glad that it's obviously been crafted by people who are big fans of the franchise themselves.

Great job Cryptic! This is one trekkie/gamer who is immensely pleased!

(And immensely tired from staying up far too late to play!)
ditto thanks cryptic
awesome game
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-05-2010, 04:29 AM
Great responces Tain. Completely ignore all points while attempting an aura of superiority in a vain hope that no one notices you HAVE no point, and no substance. /yawn.

No anger here. Caps are for emphasis. But YOU are the one who is flitting from forum to forum insisting that your opinion is the only one that matters. And you can't even defend your own opinion.

Ah well, just wanted to point that out before I log into the game for an hour or so of enjoyment before I go to sleep. I doubt I'll be hitting the forums as it's the weekend and I usually only come here during slow points at work. See, when I'm home with free time, I spend it in the game. Having fun. So, feel free haunting the forums with your moans of 'DOooooOOOOOommmmmmMM!" It didn't work on the CO forums, and won't work here. But hey, everyone needs a hobby, right?