Lt. Commander
# 1 Shared Fed/Kling comms????
02-05-2010, 09:22 AM
I've done the FvK a few times now and can not understand, for the life of me, why each side doesn't have it's own chat channel automatically ??? Yes I suppose one could create one and then tryb to find all the people on your side and invite them to it. But by the time you did that the session would be half over. Don't get me wrong; I like being able to talk to both sides in a map (and since it's just a multi-player online rpg with "massively" missing do to instanced size limitations, having it otherwise would make for small amounts to chat with). But being unable to plan strategy easily makes me hate the PvP in this game.

Perhaps seperated comms are already in the game but if it is, like SO much of this game information is, it's hidden, buried and, pardon the pun, cryptic.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-05-2010, 02:10 PM
Bumping this because it's a very valid issue.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-05-2010, 03:59 PM
i think of these types of problems as being branches. there are many of them, there is a tree built to support them, and there is definitely a root from which they all spring.

the root of the problem is-why does Cryptic release crappy systems or content, then waits for a player response, then attempts to fix the content or system they could've got right the first time...had they any common sense.

in a way, it's like reverse-engineering a game.

some examples-other branches on the tree-
KLingons get no AH (exchange). Klingons get exchange. Klingons still have no crafting. KLingons must buy goods from federation players that they (feds) crafted, to fatten their wallets. you can look at this as,- the Feds are working for us, or more precisely, the Feds have an economic advantage over us from day 1.

PvE at Tiers 3, 4 are broke. Not enough PvE at Tier2. PvE at Tiers 3, 4 are fixed (many T3 and T4 players are now tier5). Tier 2 PvE has been added, but...it's bugged. by the time they fix it, odds are you'll be T3.

You get to end-game content and there is nothing really to do besides PvP (which, you've already done for the last 40 levels). You get bored-er. Weeks later Cryptic releases new end-game content. what are the odds...
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-05-2010, 04:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spacecadet1138 View Post
i think of these types of problems as being branches. there are many of them, there is a tree built to support them, and there is definitely a root from which they all spring.

the root of the problem is-why does Cryptic release crappy systems or content, then waits for a player response, then attempts to fix the content or system they could've got right the first time...had they any common sense.

in a way, it's like reverse-engineering a game.

some examples-other branches on the tree-
KLingons get no AH (exchange). Klingons get exchange. Klingons still have no crafting. KLingons must buy goods from federation players that they (feds) crafted, to fatten their wallets. you can look at this as,- the Feds are working for us, or more precisely, the Feds have an economic advantage over us from day 1.

PvE at Tiers 3, 4 are broke. Not enough PvE at Tier2. PvE at Tiers 3, 4 are fixed (many T3 and T4 players are now tier5). Tier 2 PvE has been added, but...it's bugged. by the time they fix it, odds are you'll be T3.

You get to end-game content and there is nothing really to do besides PvP (which, you've already done for the last 40 levels). You get bored-er. Weeks later Cryptic releases new end-game content. what are the odds...

And that's usually the evolution of any MMO - not just ones designed and programmed by Cryptic. I think the real difference from STO from others, is the way Fed's are versus Klingons in terms of Klingons being primarily PVP focused.