Lt. Commander
# 1 Need Money
02-05-2010, 09:56 AM
Can anyone help me with how to make steady energy credits?
I do missions steadily and I can't even begin to afford to lightly modify my ship. Still new and needing guidance in the right direction as far as this.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-05-2010, 09:57 AM
have you tried pvp? you get about 2G a match, even if you lose
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-05-2010, 06:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stucky00 View Post
So, how do you do this?

THANKS!
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-05-2010, 06:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VERuler
So, how do you do this?

THANKS!
Easy. Just join a PVP match. At the end of the match, you are rewarded credits, win or lose.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-05-2010, 07:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grifter.Treysik
Easy. Just join a PVP match. At the end of the match, you are rewarded credits, win or lose.
With out sounding totally dumb- how do you join one?

I am really new at these games.. sorry .....
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-05-2010, 07:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VERuler
With out sounding totally dumb- how do you join one?

I am really new at these games.. sorry .....
It's no problem at all.

On the bottom right hand side of the mini map while in space, there is a small arrow, click on that and it gives a drop down menu - click on "PVP Queue" or something like that, and join a queue.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-05-2010, 07:23 PM
Just out of curiosity, how much energy credits has everyone got? for reference, please include your character's level and how often you use the exchange compared to just selling to vendors.

I have 1.2 million energy credits on my captain 2 character -- if i get green or blue loot or rewards, i send them off to the exchange. most of my common white items get sold to vendors, but all cannons (i'm a science ship), other weapons that aren't basic types (photon torpedos/phasers/disruptors), consoles, and kits, i put on the exchange.

i get so much loot from just playing the game, not even farming, that i can only do 2 patrols + 2 or 3 storyline mission (or 1 sector exploration) before i have to transwarp back to starbase to unload it all. at the exchange if it doesn't sell overnight i just pull it down and sell it to a vendor no matter what (unless it's especially good and thus expensive as hell).

most of my credits come from the exchange, so if there was a disparity between taking time to put things up or not bothering and just using the vendors
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-05-2010, 08:11 PM
Really energy credits are not needed, as you can buy stuff with explor badges and pvp badges. Both which give you better rated gear then normal. generally green or blue. Also buy just doing the mission im leveling fast enough to not even really brother with buying weapon cause by the time i buy one i get a better one from a mission or loot. Also if you get a nice blue reward and dont plan on using it, then try to sell it on the exhange and you might get some money.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-05-2010, 07:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stucky00 View Post
What exactly is 2G?
G cant be gold, and K would be the term for a thousand, so confused how much you mean.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-05-2010, 07:57 PM
2G means 2 Grand, or two thousand.