Lt. Commander
Hi all,

I've been reading in various threads that once you assign a bridge officer from your inventory that you can no longer exchange them except to dismiss them.

When a potential bridge officer is first made available to you (through a mission reward, shop vendor, exchange, etc.) do you as the player know the gender of the potential bridge officer before you purchase/accept them into your inventory?

Also, is anyone willing to offer any anecdotal information on trends they may have observed regarding species/class combos being more common than others when they go to purchase a new bridge officer? For example, are vulcan science officers more common than say, saurian engineers?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-05-2010, 12:05 PM
There is definitely some correlation. Try to find a Male Trill Science Officer... there aren't any. They're all female! Also, no Saurian Science Officers.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-05-2010, 01:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dormammu View Post
There is definitely some correlation. Try to find a Male Trill Science Officer... there aren't any. They're all female! Also, no Saurian Science Officers.
That's not true, I have a Saurian science officer right now that I found on the exchange. They aren't available at the vendor on Earth Spacedock, but they are out via other means. Just makes them all the more rare!
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-05-2010, 02:05 PM
Thank you for responding. So it sounds like what you're saying is a dialog box pops up with their likeness in it so in that way you can determine their gender. That's great! I want to try to keep an even mix of male and female / human and non human bridge officers so this is encouraging news. :-)
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-05-2010, 03:56 PM
On a similar note, is it possible to tell the gender of an officer before you buy them off the exchange?
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-05-2010, 04:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapsynrev View Post
On a similar note, is it possible to tell the gender of an officer before you buy them off the exchange?
If only...

The names can sometimes give it away for some races, but try guessing for an Aliengen.

Human: Aaron, male
Vulcan: T'whatever, female
Alien: Quehtnay <- What gender is that?!?
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-05-2010, 12:06 PM
If you chose the option that lets you commission the officer I believe you get a 'comm message' screen that pops up that lets you have them Join or Train and that should have their picture on it. You can then cancel the screen if you dont want that BO to join up or Train and it should stay tradable.