Lt. Commander
# 1 Pistols Kinda suck
02-05-2010, 01:36 PM
I know they arnt meant to be super powerfull but compared to other weapons they are pants...

Sometiems it feels like im shooting blanks at the feds only chance I eve have of killign them is if i pull of an expose and lunge them for the exploit...

Either Pistols need to have their damage increased or trhey need to have better chances or %'ages of gettign procs for Exposes...

What do you guys think?

Do I just suck at ground PvP or somthing?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-05-2010, 01:38 PM
all ground weapons have the same base dps for the mk, a mk IV pistol will have the same damage as a mk IV assault rifle. but it will have a shorter range and a different secondary ability.

So Im not sure its the pistols damage that the issue, perhaps looking into different specials on the pistols (theres some good ones) would be a good idea
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-05-2010, 02:26 PM
Not true. Pistols do less per shot but fire nearly twice as fast.
Another great thing about pistols: I'm a science captain, and always bring 2 or 3 science officers with me on away teams... there's usually always one or more targets painted with the big old Exploit bullseye on them, with a pistol, you can disintegrate more targets with the faster fire.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-05-2010, 02:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vraesh View Post
Not true. Pistols do less per shot but fire nearly twice as fast.
Another great thing about pistols: I'm a science captain, and always bring 2 or 3 science officers with me on away teams... there's usually always one or more targets painted with the big old Exploit bullseye on them, with a pistol, you can disintegrate more targets with the faster fire.
their hits may be less but the DPS is the same.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-05-2010, 02:27 PM
Get a plasma stun pistol Mark IV.. or V .. it works alright. Max skill in pistols and be ready to stun and then switch guns to finish the expose with an exploit