Lt. Commander
# 1 Odo?
02-05-2010, 01:09 PM
I was just thinking about the opening segment for STO where Linard Nimloy describes what is happening in the ST world. He says something about the Dominion regathering their forces. Wasn't Odo sent to the Founders to show them his prespective on solids and prevent another war with the Dominion? What happened to Odo? Did he rejoin the Federation or did something happen to him when he was on the Changeling homeworld? I'm just curious because my character in STO is a Changeling who joined the Federation. Thanks. Live long and prosper!
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-06-2010, 03:09 AM
Does anyone know what happened to Odo or the Changelings?
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-06-2010, 03:34 AM
I've been looking for him at DS9 as well.
I'm not sure because my memories of that particular show are blurred, but I think there's something happening to him ...
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-06-2010, 03:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold-Eagle View Post
I was just thinking about the opening segment for STO where Linard Nimloy describes what is happening in the ST world. He says something about the Dominion regathering their forces. Wasn't Odo sent to the Founders to show them his prespective on solids and prevent another war with the Dominion? What happened to Odo? Did he rejoin the Federation or did something happen to him when he was on the Changeling homeworld? I'm just curious because my character in STO is a Changeling who joined the Federation. Thanks. Live long and prosper!
I was thinking the same yesterday. Ode joined the "blob" of changelins, I hope he have not turned to the "dark side".
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-06-2010, 03:46 AM
There was a message about him and 99 other changelings getting sent back to the quadrent in a loading screen at the bottom.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-06-2010, 04:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateReality
There was a message about him and 99 other changelings getting sent back to the quadrent in a loading screen at the bottom.
I that was in reference to the first time Odo was sent to the Alpha Quadrant.

Now, another thing to consider is that it's possible the Dominion is quite fond of the Federation at this point, and the Feds just don't know one way or the other. it's possible that when they do a Gamma Quadrant expansion, the Dominion could appear as the Federation's allies. (Balancing a Romulan expansion where they are allies to the Klingons)
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-06-2010, 06:54 AM
I read somewhere that the Dominion in the Alpha Quadrant viewed Odo as a false god...
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-06-2010, 07:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Losbullitt View Post
I read somewhere that the Dominion in the Alpha Quadrant viewed Odo as a false god...
it also mentioned something out a leader of the alpha quadrant dominion. implying, maybe, that the dominion in the alpha quadrant is no longer part of the dominion in the gamma quadrant.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-06-2010, 07:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold-Eagle View Post
I was also thinking about this. It's a very good point. Though odo did seem to stop the war etc, there was plenty of "scope" to see that odo was one from a collective. So in sci fi theory maybe he simply wasn't enough to prevent war forever?

I wonder if any of the trek books have adressed this?

great post!