with the removal of the hourly events calendar, the best way is to do multiple things for it. First, start all of your duty officer missions you can, because they do help a little bit. Next, you can still run the STFs, they give a fair amount (and give Delirium at the same time). Then, you might want to consider any episodes you haven't finished yet. The are extremely easy to do, just time consuming.
There may also be other missions that will help. Good luck, because now we need to also grind exp. at level 50. Lol.
Replay some Episodes. Not all of them are worth the reward, but here are some short ones:
- The Devidian missions. Actually all of them, but "Spin the Wheel" is the shortest.
- "Second Wave", "Operation Gamma" and "Facility 4028" of The 2800 story arc
- "State of Q" (use a Bath'leth and you'll be done in 5-10 minutes)
- "The Return" (same as above)
- Maybe even some of the early missions like Azura Blues/The Helix/Test of Mettle (depending on your faction).
These missions are quick and give around 4-5k xp. That is a very efficient way of acquiring them.
Otherwise, wait until tomorrow. Mirror Universe return. You must remember that one, seeing you joined the forums in 2012. It's gonna be tougher than before, but it will reward a pretty decent amount of xp.
This forum requires that you wait 120 seconds between posts. BUT WHY?!?!?!?
Have a toon that has just done borg and nukara rep and is out of XP but has a shopping list of rep gear that needs tons of xp for the slider, so whats the most efficient way to get XP?
Get in your starship and do a slingshot around the sun, target date, about 4 days ago. Then while back in time, do the extra XP event that was just offered.....
My advice is to take a mulch-pronged approach.
1) set up the maximum number of duty officer missions and keep those running as close to 24-7 as possible. Should net a minimum of 10k per day and as much as 30k depending on crits and your ability to log in a lot over the day to keep them running.
2) Do at least one good foundry per day.
3) Farm daily missions that give good XP for the time spent. Just look at your dailys and consider how fast you can get there, do it, and what you get for the time spent, and make good choices.
4) Do old missions that give much xp for little time spent, again, choose these wisely. If you skipped ANY old missions, do them, first time gives much XP.
5) Farm marks, for example romulan daily patrol mission with space combat. The kills do add up fast.
Yeah, I've also hit this wall, and to be honest, it just makes the removal of hourly events, a complete setback in almost every way. I know they said something about bringing the Mirror invasion back as a daily, but if as poorly implemented as the weekends (without the hourly) than it's going to either be useless, or just not worth doing.
They should have left the hourly events running, and just done bonus weekends with double the normal reward, One reward weekend a month for each reward, is hardly seems like enough to make up for the loss of the hourly events on a daily basis.
XP is only used for leveling your own toon. Once you hit level 50 all the XP is dumped into EXP rewards.
Most of the info above is good. DOFFing is realiable stream of XP if you keep at it. Short mission replays are good, since they can have a high EXP-per-minute ratio. Any map that has a lot of combatants will give a lot of small rewards that add up quickly, so things like Fleet Defense actions can give you 3-5k pretty quickly, and Starbase 24 can give a chunk but only for Fed. Another thing for Fed is to just fly around looking for Patrol System missions, they give 5k EXP each, most of them are really simple like "kill 5 targets" or "scan 5 plants" that kind of thing. Fed and KDF can both do the sector patrol missions too, fly into nebula, explore uncharted system, ring 5 bells and done. Defera invasion ground zone gives a lot, about 13k EXP if you do all four hards, I imagine Nukara is the same but nobody goes there anymore. The Defera dailies also give a lot, about 13k for all of them. That's enough to feed a grind, and can get a lot of FMs and Dil in the process.
None of them compare with old Mirror, where you could grind out 100-200k EXP in an hour if you needed.
Last edited by ursusmorologus; 03-12-2014 at 01:17 PM.