Lt. Commander
# 1 BO Skills
02-05-2010, 07:13 PM
I'm sure this is a really stupid question but i've been hunting the forums all day for the answer. Everyone seems to be saying how they screwed up their build and wants a reset so i'm so worried about skilling my BO's. If skill up 'Fire at wil'l skill and then i replace it with' Fire at will II' will i loss all the points i put into it? Is it better to just buy the 'Fire at Will II' before i skill up?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-05-2010, 09:08 PM
anyone know? I might have to just start a throw away player to try it...
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-05-2010, 09:18 PM
I don't believe so.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-05-2010, 09:32 PM
When people say that, they're talking about spending points on their captain. There's no respec in-game yet, so you can't fix mistakes made there.

BO points, on the other hand, don't have any sort of cap. By the time you hit 45 you'll have more BO points than you'll ever need. If you do have a BO ability trained to rank 9 and then later replace that skill, you will lose those points spent to get it to rank 9. But like I said, BO points aren't really an issue at higher levels. Worst case, you just grind some repeatable missions to get more points.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-05-2010, 09:35 PM
The thing that I am seeing while playing is that you get a ton of BO skill points so even if you do reset some that are at lv 9 (I have a lot) you will be able to without any problems.