Lt. Commander
Is there a way to lock the action bar? I have on occasion mistakenly clicked something with my mouse during combat and found the item vanished from the action bar. I can only assume that I accidentally drug it from the bar by mistake, being able to lock / Unlock the action bar woud help to prevent this.

My thanks for your consideration of this suggestion.

Kudoketas sutai- NeygebH
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-05-2010, 10:08 PM
I agree. Having the arrows for scrolling the action bars right next to the weapons fire buttons on the HUD are a bad idea unless you can lock the bars. I am forever clicking on the stupid up and down arrows if my mouse moves over just a bit and it drives me crazy.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-05-2010, 10:11 PM
right click and hold on the items in your bars to drag and drop them to different slots
left click to use the items
Lt. Commander
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joker420 View Post
I agree. Having the arrows for scrolling the action bars right next to the weapons fire buttons on the HUD are a bad idea unless you can lock the bars. I am forever clicking on the stupid up and down arrows if my mouse moves over just a bit and it drives me crazy.
THIS IS THE POINT !!! You just cannot play without having a hassle, and no-one enjoys dying because of the bar problem - yah we still play but it stinks to die because of the bar issue - it's fruit !! It's a mistake to continue to ignore long time trekkie comments about STO. Apparently, some nubies have complained louder than the rest of the community. I suppose that's because most of us expect Criptic to do the right thing - most of us trust you and will be loyal customers. The forums are your lifeline to the community. Please listen and comment to us. Settle the issue once and for all. Don't sit on the fence, please. Give us a switch !

Why can't Criptic put a clearly labled switch in the UI window along with other settings - go to UI and change it - what could be simpler? It is also logical and sensable IF, and I am saying IF u were playing STO for fun and actually got into it. YOU WOULD THEN very quickly understand the NEED to lock items onto the bar, in the locations players set the items to. PLEASE, look at this issue with a serious attitude and go find any players in your org that actually play for fun - ASK THEM - they too will tell you what the forums are telling you - LET US LOCK and UNLOCK THE BAR as we see fit. LIKE the Trekkie said: It "drives him crazy" --- me too !!!

One more thing: WHERE IS DATA ? Data has unlimited life, unless destroyed, and don't give us that: he died stuff - put a playable Data or only one Data in the game - he is an Admiral last we heard - he could be doing research now - please put Data in the game ) Ask for comments.
Also, the Undie (5792) are like fire ants - too many and too powerfull I noticed that STO doesn't seem to have Janeway's (bio-weapon) solution to 5792. I kinda think we need it.