Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
Right now I've got:
Win7 Ult64
5GB ram
2.66ghz intel quad core
NVIDIA geforce 9400gt

The game is smooth at next to best graphics, but it gets very choppy when I turn it all the way up, but it looks so nice, I wanna be able to play that way. What suggestions would you make?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
02-05-2010, 08:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Six-of-Nine
Right now I've got:
Win7 Ult64
5GB ram
2.66ghz intel quad core
NVIDIA geforce 9400gt

The game is smooth at next to best graphics, but it gets very choppy when I turn it all the way up, but it looks so nice, I wanna be able to play that way. What suggestions would you make?
5770 for $170 range

or

5850 for $275 range
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
02-05-2010, 08:59 PM
Thank you :-)

are those nvidia cards? ati? The numbers themselves don't tell me enough to find a product online.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
02-05-2010, 09:02 PM
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600)
Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) 9500 Quad-Core Processor (4 CPUs), ~2.2GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 4096MB RAM
---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: ATI Radeon HD 3800 Series
Manufacturer: ATI Technologies Inc.
Chip type: ATI display adapter (0x9501)
DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz)
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_9501&SUBSYS_20031787&REV_00
Display Memory: 2297 MB
Dedicated Memory: 506 MB
Shared Memory: 1791 MB
Current Mode: 1680 x 1050 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor Name: SyncMaster 226BW(Digital)
Monitor Model: SyncMaster
Monitor Id: SAM027F
Native Mode: 1680 x 1050(p) (59.883Hz)




==============================


Nasty "lag" when menus are up
Chunky feel to the ground game.

Other than that usually smooth as silk.

I get 60-90FPS with CoD4 on max
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
02-05-2010, 09:11 PM
Graphfics Card: EVGA Nvidia Geforce 9800 (I have SSC but they are really hard to go so get the GTX). THe 200 nvidia seres are going down in price pretty quickly and just one will run fast, quite, and cool. Good luck shopping around.

THe rest of my setup is below. Game runs awesome on 1920x1200 max settings 120hz refresh hdmi hookup.
EVGA Motherboard 780i SLI
Intel 3.16 Core Duo
1333 front side bus
Windows Vista 64 bit Home Premium
8 gigs ram (only need 4) - fastest ddr 2 ram with 1333 front side bus spec
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
02-05-2010, 09:12 PM
I'm surprised you get anything near "smooth" with that card, even on the lowest settings. Even with my 4830 I wouldn't call the gameplay smooth (on ground based missions).

That said, the best card on the market currently is the 5890... but I'd go with a 57xx , best for a budget gaming card. It'll get you through almost any game for a year or so.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7 Rig
02-05-2010, 09:16 PM
ATI Radeon Asus HD 5870 1 G ...Graphics cranked, no sputters. Expensive a tad, but good for a while to come.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
02-05-2010, 10:24 PM
Cirrus Logic GD5000 series FTW!!! can get half a meg, or even a full meg!!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
02-05-2010, 10:27 PM
This is a really good article on the topic, and it's updated regularly:
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/...card,2521.html
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
02-05-2010, 10:26 PM
i5 650 pumped to 3.75ghz on air
Gigabyte GA-P55-UD4P
4 gigs of ocz ddr3-1600
Radeon HD 5770

Game is on max settings with full on AA (8x I think)

Smooth 98% of the time I think the remaining 2% is server related
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:30 PM.