Lt. Commander
# 1 Pretty Sick Game
02-06-2010, 06:13 AM
Throughout all the flaming, i say we have 1 post stating how bad ass this game really is.
if you think this was a bad launch, you haven't played any MMO in any recent years. Great launch, imo.
Fresh game play (at least space is) - i was tired of all the WoW copies and stuff, although this IS similiar, the tactics you must use in this makes it a much more enjoyable and fun experience then most MMOs.
Great graphics, at least for an MMO - playing with all sliders up i must say, the planets and ship details look truly awesome.
Not repetitive at all for me at least, the many ways space battles can go always haves me on my toes.
Teaming in this game is extremely fun, i mean theres nothing more entertaining than you and a buddy teaming up against a Borg cube.
Ground combat can get stale, but still is fun, and i still enjoy every ground battle im in. The rolling and crouch options make the game play quite fun if you use them.
The customization is REALLY nice, and is one of my favorite aspects of the game, being able to customize your captain, officers, AND ship is just freaking sick. Nothing like blowing a bird of prey out of the sky (space?) with your own customized war machine.
a few other small things that are icing on the cake for me are:
No name restrictions (THANK YOU) - being able to name my ship and character what i want without anyone calling it beforehand is very very awesome.
Fore and Aft weapons - great addition, it really makes you think about how you'll fight, especially when its a torp or mines in the back.
Bridge - i know its pretty much pointless to most people, but my Fleet holds meetings in my fleet admirals bridge, and its quite awesome. Allows for a nice quite environment for a fleet to meet.
Bust Slider - yeaaaahhhh
Klingons - glad they were added, although there IS a lack of content, its still fun to pvp as them, and im happy they werent held back for the lack of PvE
Fleet actions - from what ive played of them, they are seriously epic battles.
Customizeable Races - id have been fine with just the normal races, but adding in the ability to create our own was pretty cool, especially with the amount of options they give us.

ANYWAYS--- if you guys can add to the list of awesome things in STO do it, lets point out to Cryptic what they have done RIGHT for a change.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-06-2010, 06:26 AM
What I love so much in this awesome game :

- A powerful crafting system, allowing so many different things
- Exploration is a blast, so many aliens to talk to, so many different missions in the starclusters
- A lot of stuff to do, not just pewpew
- So much content, even the hardcore gamers won't hit endgame before two weeks
- Klingons PVE is really great
- Sexy miniskirts for my crew !!!
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-06-2010, 06:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delazure View Post

- Exploration is a blast, so many aliens to talk to, so many different missions in the starclusters
Well I love all of the complaining, whining, and clownish antics. But the smug idiots demanding things from "the developers" without having the first clue about anything are also great.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-06-2010, 10:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ynp7 View Post
Well I love all of the complaining, whining, and clownish antics. But the smug idiots demanding things from "the developers" without having the first clue about anything are also great.
You're right, people demanding basic stuff that even f2p MMOs have is just plain silly.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-06-2010, 07:26 AM
Quote:

Huzzah!! Hear hear!
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-06-2010, 09:06 AM
Quote:

I think that list sums it up perfectly. I think it should be printed 60 times and handed out to everyone on the dev team. Those are the areas to work on for future content.

(Not the C-store, not the main menu, etc)

Oh, and stable server please =)
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-06-2010, 09:09 AM
Quote:

You are an alright fellow.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-06-2010, 09:48 AM
Quote:

ROFL!!
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-06-2010, 10:13 AM
I will say one thing and that is I am proud to see so many people on line. Just after daylight on the US East coast sector space outside of SOL had dozens of people moving about. This is normally a dead time in MMO's

Camelot would have been a lot different if this many people were on in the early AM, no more small group AM keep takes
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-06-2010, 10:18 AM
Despite it's flaws it's still the best star trek game I've ever played (modded/unmodded). It has good fundamentals that if the developer builds and expands on, then I and others like me will stick around.

Most of the people complaining have probably beaten the game 3x over, once in CB, again in OB, and now in open. I don't blame them for being mad/disappointed but they should at least have patience to see how cryptic delivers on future content (the service aspect of an MMO). Then there's always the responce "well they had 6 weeks in beta to change things", which is ignorant of game design cause no development company is going to fundalmentally change aspects/add content to their game in crunch time. If you hate the game as is now, odds are you'll hate it forever, unless the devs pull a SWG, it's going to be basically the same since you hate the foundation that the game is built on.

Since I do believe there is enough content/stuff to do for the initial box purchase of the game, the question is if there's enough to justify a subscription of the game? I can't make that claim yet as the game has only been out for less then a week.