Lt. Commander
# 1 How to improve PvP
02-06-2010, 08:17 AM
1. make Systems open to pvp so that when your not in pvp you can zone into systems and search for enemies of course there needs to be a cap for how many can be in a system at the same time but this would make pvp more open.

2. Death penalty when fighting in an open pvp zone you should be ported back to your starting system or the sector next door in order to stop the never ending respawn.

3. Lock down the Systems or Zone that your in when fighting after a certain time or amount of players that have joined. Give Rewards to wining Side and punish the losing side. ( if the run away they wont be able to enter a pvp zone again in 15-20 minutes) ( if they die they are as from option 2 out of the battle but free to join a new one once they are back and ready to enter the zone).

4. Add Star bases and other Defensive Structures in that zone in order to make Ground tactical.

5. if you want to make more then just space combat take it to the ground so that once you die in space you spawn on the ground of the systems planet that your fighting around.

6. Server Victory !!! put up a system where a total amount of points have to be achieved in order to win.
Give goodies to both sides but less to the losing side.

7. Ability to jump people in sector space that is contested to drag em into a open Space Battle. the amount of people that can join one of these battles should be 1-20 ? or 1-5 or 1-10 per Side that is.

8. also give me more Reasons then just a respawn timer not to die. i feel no adrenaline when playing with nothing to lose.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-06-2010, 08:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SweXShadow
2. Death penalty when fighting in an open pvp zone you should be ported back to your starting system or the sector next door in order to stop the never ending respawn.

4. Add Star bases and other Defensive Structures in that zone in order to make Ground tactical.

7. Ability to jump people in sector space that is contested to drag em into a open Space Battle. the amount of people that can join one of these battles should be 1-20 ? or 1-5 or 1-10 per Side that is.

8. also give me more Reasons then just a respawn timer not to die. i feel no adrenaline when playing with nothing to lose.
+1 to these ideas. Really the first step is a death penalty (but one that can be paid fairly; Klingons have a disadvantage at the moment). The second major step is an open PVP zone.

After that, everything else should fall into place, including ally NPCs and such.

Quote:
3. Lock down the Systems or Zone that your in when fighting after a certain time or amount of players that have joined. Give Rewards to wining Side and punish the losing side. ( if the run away they wont be able to enter a pvp zone again in 15-20 minutes) ( if they die they are as from option 2 out of the battle but free to join a new one once they are back and ready to enter the zone).
I disagree with the 15+ min timer. That seems too harsh a penalty -- and too much of a disincentive or discouragement -- for PVP. If we want PVP to be fast, exciting, and well populated (by lots of players), we need to encourage them to do it.

The rest just seem unnecessary, I would stick to the basics above.

I would also add diminishing returns on all stunlocks, chained abilities, and stacked consoles.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-06-2010, 10:03 AM
it meant to say if they run away they cant join pvp again for another 15-20 minuts. they did that in WoW as a penalty for not playing the entire round should be the same here.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-06-2010, 10:19 AM
Quote:
it meant to say if they run away they cant join pvp again for another 15-20 minuts. they did that in WoW as a penalty for not playing the entire round should be the same here.
Aha, I see what you mean. I agree, there should be a 'deserter' debuff.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-07-2010, 03:51 AM
not only that but if you die you should also take some kind of damage to your items and you have to repair them
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-07-2010, 04:07 AM
I like the idea but untill klingons get PvE and a lot more players this would just be a gank fest where the feds would have maximum number of people in the combat and the klingons would have one or two people being ganked the entire time.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-10-2010, 10:05 AM
any race vs the other faction has to be balanced in a way that if there is 1000 Klingons participating server wide, only 1000 Feds can join to the maps and no more.

would not be fair to lower populated side. if 10 000 feds and 1000 Klingons.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-11-2010, 10:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodlance View Post
any race vs the other faction has to be balanced in a way that if there is 1000 Klingons participating server wide, only 1000 Feds can join to the maps and no more.

would not be fair to lower populated side. if 10 000 feds and 1000 Klingons.
well then the feds will have to be in Queue but if pvp got more meaning like my suggestions more will play Klingon
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-11-2010, 10:43 AM
I am afraid that this will never happen in this game.

the way it has started looks very similar to the WoW formula..PvP will remain on the side with battlegrounds of various objectives, and they are preparing for a PvE focus with Raids etc etc...

Which is not that bad in itself, the Combat system is Refreshing enough, and tactical be it PvP or PVE.

That being said however, I do agree with the suggestions here, at one point I think it would be great is there was Sector Blocks that could be more dynamic in nature and could be actually conquered by one side of the other and update that status dynamically on the various maps, as well as show key points of conflict in Real Ttime so that players know where to press for reinforcements or strategies and conquer other objectives, Sector Blocks were Enemies could engage each other freely just like the "Defend Sector X" type of missions where we can engage Enemy NPC controlled enemies or be engaged by them.

Instead of NPC's it could be Players, and these could be Sector Campaigns.

I agree with some type of System that declares a given Faction the winners of the Campaign, which would reward participation to all participants but of course, the best rewards would go to the winners of the the Campaign.

This would give a continuous "endgame" experience for PvP as well.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-11-2010, 08:58 PM
Open maps with capturable planets/ stations would be good.

There needs to be a lot more pvp maps. It's always the same 2 or 3 maps over and over.

Proper rewards for pvp, not just the same junk you get from 'exploration badges' whatever they are.

Let high levels and low levels fight on the same maps, but with more low level dudes. Like lots of miranders against a couple of carriers.

One gun for ground missions to stop exploits.