Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Graphical and Sound Issues
Login

Lt. Commander
Hey there! I am going to have this game next month. It looks awesome, i'm pretty excited, I just had a question about my 4 year old video card lol.. I see there is some bug going on now that's killing GPU's.. I was just wanting to know if anyone here is using a ATI Radeon X1800XT and how did the game look with that video card before the GPU killing patch happened? I'm working on getting a new card, But i have to upgrade my power supply first. Looking at a 5850 HD or a 5870 HD in a few months after prices come down.. So i'll be playing the game on my ATI Radeon X1800XT for a little bit till i get the upgrade. Again, just asking how the game runs on the ATI Radeon X1800XT video card, ^^ Thanks.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-06-2010, 07:15 PM
The 5000 series are having some issues with the game currently, i have a 5870 and are getting fps drops from heck, but they should be fixed within the month, hopefully.

As for the X1800 i would assume not that great, but im just guessing
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-07-2010, 05:20 AM
There wasnt a GPU killing patch. It was purely bad configuration on the users part, and STO made it show up.

And to put it in plain english, that card would be terrible for this game. As for the new upgrade you are getting, make sure you have a very good cpu and ram, otherwise your system will be bottlenecked.