Lt. Commander
Hi
Is there a way to sort the exchange search results by price, or to filter for a specific price range (aka what I can afford)
Thanks
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-06-2010, 09:54 PM
No. This is one area that I find STO lacking in. There are a LOT of areas that would benefit from a sort ability but, alas, I have yet to see one anywhere in the game.

My suggestion is to narrow down what you see in the exchange, using the search feature, until you have as few as possible on the screen.

Ex: if dual results in 900 hits try dual phaser
if dual phaser results in 800 hits try dual phaser pistol
if dual phaser pistol results in 700 hits try dual phaser pistol mk
...and so on, and so on, until you have a reasonable amount of items shown.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-06-2010, 10:08 PM
thank you !
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-06-2010, 10:15 PM
Exchange came in right at end of closed beta and is still very much a work in progress.

Sure it will get improved when they get time, it certainly needs more filtering.

Would be bad enough in a multi server game, but with so many people able to freely put trash on there its awful.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-06-2010, 10:40 PM
I would be happy if the features that are already there actually _worked_. Like the categories.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-06-2010, 10:54 PM
Items also need to expire, as items sold at the outset, when something like a Mk II torpedo launcher was rarer and could sell for 100,000 (if anyone had that kind of money early on).

Plus having to constantly relist items might cause more folks to just unload trash items and not clutter up the search with a bazillion standard issue phasers.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-06-2010, 10:59 PM
I would be happy if the exchange only allowed a 50% markup over the real value of an item. As it stands right now no one is using the exchange because all of these ******* are wanting 80,000 credits for Mark II items. I saw a Mark IV Covariant Shield listed for 120,000 credits today. Hilarious and sad at the same time. In the open beta, I made 230,000 credits by selling items listed between face and 30% markup. I sold everything I put up. Now, I can't get anything to sell even though my items are some of the best priced on the exchange. I put up an uncommon Mark IV Quantum launcher for 6,000 credits. A fair price for a Mark IV, seeing as how the listed value is about 4,200. No one has bought it. Probably because there are several others listed at 90,000 credits, which scares people away. They see that and go '**** it', not even bothering to read the rest of the list. So a word to all the markup ******* .... Stop doing it you turds.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-07-2010, 07:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azimov View Post
Exchange came in right at end of closed beta and is still very much a work in progress..
The exchange, like a lot of STO, is basically an exact copy of the AH on Champions. That has been ignored since CO launched months ago and the last Dev post on the subject in CO forums (from last week) said it was 'on the wish list but very low in priority'. While they are not the same teams it is the same company so priorities are probably similar - don't expect anything to change soon.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-07-2010, 10:54 PM
dont bother because of the prizes in the exchange, they will get very very low with time, why? its simple...

in 2-3 months ALL players will be highstes level in game, everybody will have the best possible ship equipment and so nobody will need to buy anything else, and if you will need something, you will have more than enough loot in your fleetbank, private bank or badges to get the equipment there.
oh and if any new player will need mk II or mk III equipment, there will be alot of fleets who will simply give that loot away for free to aid the new players.

btw the most expensive thing I've seen in STO so far was a Tribble for 1.500.000 Energycredits ^^
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-16-2010, 12:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azimov View Post
Exchange came in right at end of closed beta and is still very much a work in progress.

Sure it will get improved when they get time, it certainly needs more filtering.

Would be bad enough in a multi server game, but with so many people able to freely put trash on there its awful.
The Exchange seriously needs a non-refundable, percentage based listing fee.... to keep tards from listing things for 400,000 when there are 15 others exactly like it for 20,000 to 25,000.

I say set the percentage at 10%. This alone should eliminate a lot of crap, and if not, would at least provide a needed energy credit sink.