Lt. Commander
I just saw 3 different pet tripple buffs on a ship. For reg. dmg and shields. The player told me u just put those rare tripples on your character, not even on your ship. That is so mega imba strong. Any1 can confirm this ? And where do I get those tripples ???
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-07-2010, 01:50 AM
HMV UK pre-order bonus was a Tribble which has the +dmg +dmg resist and +regen hour long buffs. Mine was yellow and blue in colour (although there seem to be a few of each colour/shading for each effect so others may be different).

I've so far only personally 'bred' Tribbles with one hour buff at a time but have read you can get ones with two. Hopefully all three at once is a pre-order bonus and not available in-game (well, until they add Borg BO and everything else other pre-orders got as an in-game available item too).

Are these Tribble buffs not quite minor, I haven't seen any numbers for how much they actually buff you.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-07-2010, 01:57 AM
the buffs are only about 1% and its not been confirmed that they actually work on ships, they show up but don't necessarily give the buff (and once you die you can't reapply it in space)
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-07-2010, 01:59 AM
so it is like most stuff in this game, we dont know what it does ? :-) For the tripple u can breed yourself, does the buff consume it ? So I need to breed again and again ? And the tripple form the pre order, will that disappear after using it ?
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-07-2010, 02:04 AM
nope the bred ones are not consumed.

As I said the buffs they give are very minor, they last an hour (or until death) and are better than not having a buff but there no where near game breaking strength.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-07-2010, 04:05 AM
Hello, I can confirm that the pet tribble buffs applies for space combat as well.

Resistance tribble adds +1% resistance across the board.
Damage tribble adds +1% DPS to all weapons.

Hybrid tribbles (ones with more than 1 power) adds both powers, but at +0.8% it seems.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-07-2010, 04:08 AM
"NERF TRIBBLE BREEDING!"

Seriously?