Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
ive recently been pvping and keep wondering to myself why klingons that are the same lvl as me keep killing me with too much ease. While im firing everything i have at 1 of em, the same one has unloaded a few disruptor blasts and managed to almost deplete my shields and yet his remain untouched from my salvos.
What the hell is going on. Please someone explane, coz otherwise i dont know if im gonna play this game, pvp is an integral part of an mmo.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
02-07-2010, 05:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belithewoose
ive recently been pvping and keep wondering to myself why klingons that are the same lvl as me keep killing me with too much ease. While im firing everything i have at 1 of em, the same one has unloaded a few disruptor blasts and managed to almost deplete my shields and yet his remain untouched from my salvos.
What the hell is going on. Please someone explane, coz otherwise i dont know if im gonna play this game, pvp is an integral part of an mmo.
Learn your BO skills..chances are they are using them on you and you aren't using them on them...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
02-07-2010, 05:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lugh View Post
Learn your BO skills..chances are they are using them on you and you aren't using them on them...
yes because there are truely soooo many choices.

this is probably flamebait so don't bother getting sucked into it.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
02-07-2010, 05:34 PM
thanks, i kinda get it now
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
02-07-2010, 06:08 PM
What lvl are you doing pvp at? What ship type? Fore and aft weapon types and rarity (ie MkIV rare phaser beams)? What class did you choose? What BO skills are you using?

There are just a ton of options... Main advice I can give to a novice pvp player is for them to try and guess what niche their team needs, think about what you want to do (ie dps/cc, tank/heals, heals/dps, etc...) read all the BO desriptions and choose skills that support your niche.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
02-07-2010, 06:09 PM
I want to hop in here and say that there really is a lot to learn about pvp in this game.

The reason klingons seem so difficult, is that they will be set up to fight you, specifically. You might be set up to do missions or explore, they are strictly set up to kill.

Now, that being said - no, they aren't any tougher ship for ship, however they are guaranteed to know a bunch of tricks and their ships are better for 1 on 1 fighting than yours is.

What you have that they don't, are teammates who are specialized in supporting one another and have specialized ships for that.

The way it works out is that the federation gets stronger the better they work together. At their best, in theory they should have a slight edge over the kdf, but the pvp focus on the kdf side makes that less likely, within random pairings.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
02-07-2010, 06:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meat_Machine
I want to hop in here and say that there really is a lot to learn about pvp in this game.

The reason klingons seem so difficult, is that they will be set up to fight you, specifically. You might be set up to do missions or explore, they are strictly set up to kill.

Now, that being said - no, they aren't any tougher ship for ship, however they are guaranteed to know a bunch of tricks and their ships are better for 1 on 1 fighting than yours is.

What you have that they don't, are teammates who are specialized in supporting one another and have specialized ships for that.

The way it works out is that the federation gets stronger the better they work together. At their best, in theory they should have a slight edge over the kdf, but the pvp focus on the kdf side makes that less likely, within random pairings.
While I agree with your first part the last parts I disagree with.

The game like all games has truely over powered things in it. In T5 this still holds true because of the lack of testing. Its not as simple as saying "use tactics and work together."

To the OP, you probably need to get out of T1. Things get a bit more balanced gear wise later. There are other issues. And the more you play the more you will learn.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
02-07-2010, 05:32 PM
Most likely they are using Rotate Shield Frequency (engineer class ability) and Science team (science bridge officer skill). Both these reduces shield damage by a significant amount. Or they are using reverse shield polarity, which completely negates energy weapon damage for 15 seconds.

So in response to your thread title: no, klingons aren't op, it's just you.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
02-07-2010, 05:32 PM
For the most part, its probably you.

I have no difficulty other than the fact the opposing enemy is trying to kill me in pvp. I'm successful more often than not, but PvP is very much a team game in STO. No one player is going to win it for everyone.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
02-07-2010, 09:53 PM
we are only OP when we out number the Feds or the Feds play as lone-wolves and strike out on thier own.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:15 AM.