Lt. Commander
# 1 Question about quests.
02-08-2010, 03:57 AM
I recently made it to Lieutenant Commander 4. But Starfleet is giving me quests I have allready done numerous times. How long till i start getting new quests? The quests I'm talking about are received by hailing Starfleet. Thanks for any help.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-08-2010, 04:18 AM
Some quests are infinitely repeatable like the "defend the xxxx block" ones, these will continue to show for a long time, no matter how often you do them.

'Story' quests like the main thread and the "Patrol the yyyy sector" pop up when you reach a certain level. If you find you're running out of these, try doing one Explore mission between each. These give good rewards with the tokens you earn, are very quick considering the amount of xp you get for them and tend to incorporate some kick-bottom Star Trek lore in the 'chat' which can really spice them up nicely if you're into flexing your imagination
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-08-2010, 04:23 AM
Quick question. Where do you get explore type quests?
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-08-2010, 04:43 AM
ok... you should have had a bunch of these by now ^^ The main Admiral dude (who's name escapes me for the moment) gives you a quest to go to the Varonis Arm and when you get there you hails starfleet and talk to Lieutenant Groll. He's the guy who hands these out. You can do 1 every time you complete another story mission.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-08-2010, 05:17 AM
I should point out that it is entirely possible you're running close to the end of stuff to do from the contacts in Earth Spacedock.

Akira Sulu's patrol and defend missions end once you reach the Pi Canis sector block.

Admiral Quinn's storyline missions pretty much end with The Doomsday Device.

If you've already reached that point, talk to Quinn again. He should give you a mission to pick up an NPC at Starbase 114 in the Celes system...after which you'll head to Starbase 39 in the Sierra system, Alpha Centauri sector block.

(I mention the system locations because the game isn't that clear on where you need to go - Starbase 114 in particular is hard to find.)

Starbase 39 Sierra is an entirely new quest node. The stuff there is for around...I think LtC 6+, level-wise.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-08-2010, 05:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acyl View Post
I should point out that it is entirely possible you're running close to the end of stuff to do from the contacts in Earth Spacedock.

Akira Sulu's patrol and defend missions end once you reach the Pi Canis sector block.

Admiral Quinn's storyline missions pretty much end with The Doomsday Device.

If you've already reached that point, talk to Quinn again. He should give you a mission to pick up an NPC at Starbase 114 in the Celes system...after which you'll head to Starbase 39 in the Sierra system, Alpha Centauri sector block.

(I mention the system locations because the game isn't that clear on where you need to go - Starbase 114 in particular is hard to find.)

Starbase 39 Sierra is an entirely new quest node. The stuff there is for around...I think LtC 6+, level-wise.
Good call, I should have spotted that. +10 interweb points