Lt. Commander
# 1 A couple boff questions
02-08-2010, 05:17 AM
I want to swap out some skills on a couple of my boffs, but I've spent a lot of points raising their current skills. When you swap in a new skill, do the SP go back to you to reassign, do the sp just vanish or do the points carry over to the new skill?

Also, what affect does a rare or uncommon status on a boff have? It was late at night when it happened and I didn't complete it yet, but I swear my current mission reward is a rare boff.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-08-2010, 05:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumDum
I want to swap out some skills on a couple of my boffs, but I've spent a lot of points raising their current skills. When you swap in a new skill, do the SP go back to you to reassign, do the sp just vanish or do the points carry over to the new skill?
You lose the SP spent. I don't know the answer to the part about rare BOffs.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-08-2010, 05:21 AM
if you replace a skill you lose the points you've placed in it. It's not a major problem though as you get buckets of Boff points as you go through the game.

Uncommon and rare officers have dice roll chances at various improvements like better or special racial traits, rare skills or higher power skills at lower ranks (these are my favourites, I rip 'em out and train 'em into my existing guys).
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-08-2010, 05:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by distantlurker View Post
if you replace a skill you lose the points you've placed in it. It's not a major problem though as you get buckets of Boff points as you go through the game.

Uncommon and rare officers have dice roll chances at various improvements like better or special racial traits, rare skills or higher power skills at lower ranks (these are my favourites, I rip 'em out and train 'em into my existing guys).
Is the only time you can do that when you initially go to assignments tab and double click on them? I remember the last time, I didn't pay much attention but the option was Join or Assign. If you assigned them to the crew is there anyway to train that skill to one of your other boffs later?

I guess I need to learn a lot more about my boffs before I spend many more points, there may be plenty of sp to gain but I don't want to hinder my leveling too bad by having their skills to far behind because I've reset too many skills.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-08-2010, 05:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumDum
Is the only time you can do that when you initially go to assignments tab and double click on them?
Yep. Again tho, don't panic. You get a new boff every 3 levels and a bunch from quests. They're common, don't be afraid to slap 'em in a red shirt and beam them down to their DOOM }:> (i.e. burn 'em)
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-08-2010, 05:34 AM
Well, I'm glad this came up then. Thanks for the quick help!