Lt. Commander
# 1 Lcars
02-08-2010, 01:43 PM
I found one thing missing from the user interface, the LCARS display. This style has been used on the console in all the ship I can remember in Star Trek. I would really like to see it in this game as well. Here are some pics I found to help.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-08-2010, 01:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foremyden View Post
I found one thing missing from the user interface, the LCARS display. This style has been used on the console in all the ship I can remember in Star Trek. I would really like to see it in this game as well. Here are some pics I found to help.

/support this idea
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-08-2010, 02:26 PM
/sign

I would love to see the LCARS ingame!
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-09-2010, 09:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdidy View Post
/sign

I would love to see the LCARS ingame!
Let's face it, LCARS should have been in the game.

Large design oversight. It's huge part of the Trek mechanic and has been since STNG.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-09-2010, 12:16 PM
Yes pls

everything should look like this from the Patcher, to the ingame menus
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-09-2010, 02:40 PM
I was going to post a long winded rant about how the interface does not resemble anything Startrek at all.
I would not mind that of course if you were able to skin the interface.

Cryptic please.... if you don't want to put your Artists to work on a LCARs UI, allow the thousands of talented players you have to do the work instead.

Opening up your UI to your userbase is like having people paying you to help improve it.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-09-2010, 03:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patient View Post
I was going to post a long winded rant about how the interface does not resemble anything Startrek at all.
I would not mind that of course if you were able to skin the interface.

Cryptic please.... if you don't want to put your Artists to work on a LCARs UI, allow the thousands of talented players you have to do the work instead.

Opening up your UI to your userbase is like having people paying you to help improve it.
and having thousands more try to exploit it...sadly
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-09-2010, 03:29 PM
gotta fling my hat into the ring to support this idea

doesnt have to be a major change, just a rejig of the current UI to look a bit more LCARSy
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-09-2010, 04:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elboulevardo View Post
and having thousands more try to exploit it...sadly
Skinning toolkits are pretty harmless. You are just refitting graphical panels and fonts in the manner you see fit. There isn't really any way to exploit anything.

Its when you start opening up hooks to different parts of the interface with MODS when it gets messy. A Mod is an actual function that is loaded in addition to the UI interface. Reskinning is just spending a lot of time in Photoshop to make things look the way you want.

Honestly, I wonder if it was a legal reason not to allow skinning or to have the UI resemble the LCARs interface. It does not make any sense not to have it.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-09-2010, 09:22 PM
YES! While I certainly appreciate a clean, simple interface... I think you have gone a bit past the mark. And even if you don't add that much, the elements that are there should obviously be more LCARS.